Classic Console Conundrum

Should I get a classic Nintendo

• Of course, what are you waiting for????

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Hell no, dont fall victim to nostalgia! You were 12, man!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor
Did I spell conundrum right?

Lately, I'm absolutely dying to play some Super Mario Bros, Ghosts n Goblins, the original Prince of Persia, Blackthorne, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, stuff like that. Especially Super Mario.
Now, I'm seeing all this stuff on Ebay relatively cheap. I just dont know if I should go forth, I say relatively cheap, but one thing leads to another and before long it's not cheap at all. I did acquire an old Atari, and ended up playing thru all the formerly-fascinating-but-now-horrible games in like 20 mins before I realized that it was absolutely retarded to even fire up such a complete vortex of lame. Nintendo is different tho, games had evolved by that gen of console.

Does anyone else have these feelings? Have you aquired an old Nintendo (or still have one), played, then threw it over your shoulder? Is it worth a couple hundred bucks to get the stuff again?

I mean, it would be great for company, I think. Who hasnt played the classics? wouldnt it be fun to fire up Super Mario with a friend who also sat around and played it for a zillion hours as a child? You see, I'm trying to rationalize this in every way. I should just do it.

I would recommend getting one of those '20 games in a controller' things. There is one for the Genesis, and perhaps for others. You can also buy the 'arcade collections' things for newer consoles.

I forgot to put that in there. I was kinda wondering if there's any way to get the classics in current technology. I dont want emulators tho, I dont want to play them on a pc. I aint playing jumping Mario around using a space bar. I want the classic controller, you know. I want the sore thumb.

This place is singin my tune...

You can pick em up cheaper, but this guy actually replaces the 72 pin thingie. And he'll hook you up w/ Super Mario right off the bat!

Last edited:
It's still fun! At least for me. I still have my old SNES and ~30 games, plus an emulator on my Xbox (and I REALLY dig the save function :p). Priceless!

Dear xsamhainx,
I have shipped the following item to you. You should be receiving it shortly.

Item title: NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM New 72 Pin
Seller User ID: old_school_gaming_101

Old School Gaming thanks you for your purchase and we hope you will add us
to your favorite stores. Once your item arrives in satisfactory condition,
please leave feedback for us. We will do the same for you.

Thank you again!

Got Super Mario thrown in too, and Ghosts n Goblins on the way for ten bucks.

Cant wait!

I fully support your decision to get the real thing. It's more aesthetically pleasing.
On the other hand, I got a GP2X about a year ago and, well, having all the SNES RPG's, tons of Nintendo and Sega Genesis games, assorted Lucasarts SCUMM adventure games, homebrew, and a lot of other stuff (all on a single 4 gig SD card) in my pocket is pretty amazing... plus it is possible to hook the thing up to a TV and play on screen. I haven't gotten to that point yet.

Back
Top Bottom