How did you come up with your username?

:sneaky: :evilgrin:
*Cm looks carefully over the list of smilies for the right ones. Adds Corwin once more to her list of soon to die members and wonders how much it would cost in bribes to get Jaz to alter his Avatar for her.*
:end: :plotting: :cm:
Just you wait, Corwin, just you wait.

I'm Shaking, I'm Shaking!! :excited: :paranoid: :rotfl:

Jaz was the nick of my favorite pen&paper Star Wars RPG character (D6!), a stormtrooper whose real 'name' was SDA 1501 and who later became also known as Oh-One. He kicked the bucket in '98. I prefer this handle for RPG-oriented message boards while I have a host of others. My primary internet handle is Crowfield which I use pretty much everywhere else.

The first computer game that ever hooked me was Raven and ID software's "Heretic, Shadow of the Serpent Riders". So, of course I had to get the sequel that followed called "Hexen".

In Hexen, you could chose to play as a Fighter, a Mage or a Cleric (mixed). As you may have guessed, I picked the Cleric. Each category had to find the peices of their final "Uber-Weapon". The Cleric class had a trident staff that shot out ghosts who screamed around, flying through doors and walls and generally killing any enemies they found nearby.

Looking back on it, the class was way overpowered, but I liked it at the time, so when I registered for my first forum, I dropped back to my old Hexen class. Been using it ever since.

Mine is the abreviation of my real name: tiziano. My name also origins from titus. i use it on a lot of forums and games if possible an other one I use a lot is gwildor.
Any one remeber the little guy from the movie He-man Master of the Universe?

Mine's self explanatory as well, at least if you play:
C-omputer
R-ole
P-laying
G-ames

I'm nutty about my games :)

Well, I used to be called Fatman due to the shape and size of my corpus. But many others used that name so it wasn't the best one. Then one day when I had a particularly nasty killing spree going on in our biweekly net cafe shooter sessions and I had repeatedly and mercilessly downed one of the other players he at last screamed at the top of his lungs: "Damn you! you ... you ... FAT BASTARD!!!". :evil: And the name stuck.

I quickly realized that this name was also pretty common so I added a function like look since I work as a programmer. It wasn't until years after their release that I saw the Austin Powers movies and I nearly fell off the chair when the movie character Fat Bastard was introduced. Suddenly all the weird references to me being an obese Scotsman finally made sense :rolleyes:

Krzychu is an abbreviation of the name Krzysztof (English equivalent = Christopher). Another abbreviation, more common, is Krzysiu - it's a name you would call a young boy. Krzychu is not so "childish", less patronizing, and more cool. :biggrin: I guess many people have called me Krzysiu, but it was usually in a friendly, non-patronizing way.

You may sometimes see/meet other Krzychus on the Internet, but there is only one me. :)

Now the hard part: pronunciation. It has two syllables and the accent falls on the first one: Kshy-hu No, not Kshee! Kshyyy... that's better.
-Who?
-Kshy-who! :biggrin:

I hope that helps.

You forgot to mention the BIG number which used to be at the end of all those letters!!!! :biggrin:
*gasp* I think I still remember that number!
Um, perhaps I shouldn't've said that.

I remember too, but I am not so sure can someone repeat it :p

:p Wasn't it 555? or was it 999 :p

As long as it wasn't 666! :uneasy:

Far be it for me to reveal a lady's age!! :oops:

Well for basketball aficionados it should be a no-brainer (given the holy Chicago Bull as my Avatar): it pays hommage to the most spectacular athletic feat in bball, the slamdunk and to the man who was in a class of himself: Michael Jordan (wore number 23). I used it first when I had to have a nickname for a chatroom connected to SLAM magazine. I started out with the name "slamlover" but that sounded a bit corny to me. So I changed it to slam23. My other current internet nickname is BlackAncalagon, this being a reference to the name of the baddest dragon of old in the Tolkien world, probably granddaddy to Smaug. I probably should have used that nick on this forum instead of Slam23, but I really wanted to use the avatar. Older nicks I sometimes still use are mrBassman (I play the electric bass) and Triple7 (my lucky number that also was on my first bball uniform).

Now the hard part: pronunciation. It has two syllables and the accent falls on the first one: Kshy-hu No, not Kshee! Kshyyy... that's better.
-Who?
-Kshy-who!

how is kshy pronounced? Is it k-shy, shy with a kuh in front, or something I can't sound out?

The first computer game that ever hooked me was Raven and ID software's "Heretic, Shadow of the Serpent Riders". So, of course I had to get the sequel that followed called "Hexen".

In Hexen, you could chose to play as a Fighter, a Mage or a Cleric (mixed). As you may have guessed, I picked the Cleric. Each category had to find the peices of their final "Uber-Weapon". The Cleric class had a trident staff that shot out ghosts who screamed around, flying through doors and walls and generally killing any enemies they found nearby.

Looking back on it, the class was way overpowered, but I liked it at the time, so when I registered for my first forum, I dropped back to my old Hexen class. Been using it ever since.

Hehe, I remember Hexen. I stil have the 7 floppy disks. I never was any good or really liked FPS games, so I never finished it.

Kryzchu : Where does the 'r' go to ? Kryzchu ?

*Cm eyes of the list of gentlemen she may have to find a poison dart for and puts the order into Knobbs and Kettles Magic Shop*:cm:

The cleric basically was an allrounder, but I agree, the Wraithverge was THE weapon. Cleric was my Hexen class of choice as well (in Hexen II, I preferred the Necromancer or (in Portals of Praevus) the Succubus)).

Back
Top Bottom