Dragon Age: Inquisition - Twitter Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bioware has been busy releasing more posts on Twitter for Dragon Age: Inquisition, and a few sites have rounded up the details of each one.

The first site is OnlySP who has the tweets from Mike Laidlaw about the endings.

Last week we reported on some new Dragon Age: Inquisition details revealed in the latest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine. However, there were a few pieces of information in there that weren’t totally correct and Mike Laidlaw, the Creative Director on Dragon Age: Inquisition has clarified some things via his Twitter account.

On the subject of the number of endings in the game, which was reported as 40 total, Laidlaw clarified that there are, “hundreds of minor variants, 40 major variants, and a few completely different ends.” So while OXM wasn’t completely wrong in reporting that there were 40 endings in the game, there’s really only a “few” completely different endings.
And the second site is GameranX where he replied to a few questions on Twitter.

First up, according to Laidlaw, players will be able to purchase the ability to roll in combat. Unlike Dark Souls’ roll and dodge feature, characters will have to purchase the ability to roll in Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Laidlaw also reiterated the fact that Morrigan will be showing up in the game, though not as a party member. She will have a “significant role” to play in the story.

Interestingly, there will be multiple accent choices for the main character in the game. According to the developer, English voiceover will support both British and American accents.

Finally, dialogue options in Dragon Age: Inquisition will be like Dragon Age 2’s and the Mass Effect series’ dialogue wheel. There will however be “more freedom” when talking to followers, like in Dragon Age: Origins.
More information.

You'd think this game was going to be released in a couple weeks from all the news/hype out of BioWare…

They aren't even done (with the release of info). They still haven't released the Dev Diaries they filmed in February. I suspect pre-orders will open in June (around E3) and they are trying to gather awareness before that.

Although, I'm not sure if reporting on twitter stuff is really news/hype. The BioWare devs are quite active on Twitter and have been for over a year.

Well, unlike TW3, it was supposed to release last year...

It's just amazing that this game is still 6-8 months out yet I know more about it than TW3.

Unlike EA, CD Project RED has only one game, and they cannot afford to do a DA2.
Bioware, had their reputation destroyed with DA2, ME3, SWTOR.
They need to show people that they are doing well, making the game look similar to TW2, and adding "Darksouls's rolls" by popular request.
Of course they don't pay attention to games like PoE, D:OS, Wasteland 2, T:ToN (clear proofs that there are a lot of people interested in old school RPGs), because it's not their market now. They seek a fresh audience, younger, without the oldschool background. The usual people that only seek eye candy, don't mid playing games with simple linear plots, and don't complain every time the game is simplified/ dumbed down.

This is a game I'll be far more interested in hearing about AFTER a few thousand people have bought it, played it, and laughed at it. First.

Unlike EA, CD Project RED has only one game, and they cannot afford to do a DA2.
Bioware, had their reputation destroyed with DA2, ME3, SWTOR.
They need to show people that they are doing well, making the game look similar to TW2, and adding "Darksouls's rolls" by popular request.
Of course they don't pay attention to games like PoE, D:OS, Wasteland 2, T:ToN (clear proofs that there are a lot of people interested in old school RPGs), because it's not their market now. They seek a fresh audience, younger, without the oldschool background. The usual people that only seek eye candy, don't mid playing games with simple linear plots, and don't complain every time the game is simplified/ dumbed down.

Dark souls roll.:S

I haven't been following it but did they get rid of party based RTWP combat? If not how would roll work?

I haven't been following it but did they get rid of party based RTWP combat? If not how would roll work?

How it will work? Beats me... Maybe it doesn't work in combat.
Anyways, in DA or BG, it doesn't matter if you move away from the attacker, because once he started the attack animation, you always get 'hit' by the attack. Or they just got rid of that awful mechanic.

The roll in question is a warrior only talent that you have to buy with a talent point. It cost stamina and has a cooldown. You can use it while paused, they showed it in the PAX demo last summer (you use the mouse to selected where to go with the roll in this case).

Back
Top Bottom