The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

@Arhu- that MP3 hosting site won't send me the activation email. It's been 48 hours now and I've clicked on the "click here" backup twice. Any advice?

@everyone- for those of you that like ambient stuff (DeepO), I've got a side project of a group I enjoy that might be tasty. I don't generally get into ambient, so I'll just throw this out there without the usual exclamations.

riverrun

@Arhu- that MP3 hosting site won't send me the activation email. It's been 48 hours now and I've clicked on the "click here" backup twice. Any advice?
Nope, same problem. You can use the public uploading feature on filefreak though.

@everyone- for those of you that like ambient stuff (DeepO), I've got a side project of a group I enjoy that might be tasty. I don't generally get into ambient, so I'll just throw this out there without the usual exclamations.

riverrun

Sounds pretty solid, thanks!

I´ve been on a high tech psytronic spree lately:

Ott - Blumenkraft (2003)
Well put together dub album, featuring a lot of influences from other genres.
Mainly instrumental, which is a bit pity since its two vocal songs are the highlights:
Splitting an Atom
Smoked Glass & Crome

Younger Brother - The Last Days of Gravity (2007)
Diverse psybient release from Simon Posford´s (Shpongle) side project. Its two (given the genre) most experimental tracks are my favourite.
First one is just one amazing buildup, second sounds more or less like electronixed Porcupine Tree.
Your Friends Are Scary
Ribbon on a Branch

Solar Fields - Earthshine (2007)
Solar Fields is Magnus Birgersson´s one man mostly ambient project however this album is basically old school trance played on top of ambient tracks, eh.
Trance is one of the all-time most creatively stale genres but the ambient aspect on this record makes it a bit more interesting.
More importantly, the guy is capable to create the most textural and spaced out pad/synth sound ever which makes a joy to listen to his albums quite on its own.
Anyway,
Black Arrow
Cruise

All three records are of really exceptional sonic quality, thus it´s recommended to put the volume up to make all the nuances shine :).

Last edited:
Very nice. Listening to "Splitting an Atom" at the moment, it reminds me very much of the soundtrack to an old game called Lost Eden, as well as the complex soundscapes of Delerium:

Delerium - Terra Firma

Still one of my favorites.

"Breathless" by the Corrs

My wife has been singing The Smiths for years, and she has tapes of The Queen is Dead and The Smiths ... but nothing digitally. Until now ;) I took care of her and put it on my iPod as well.

Mr Brightside - the killers.
I like the song, been playing it on my psp most of the time as of late

I'm listening, for the umpteenth time or so, to Muse's first single to their The Resistance album coming out soon: Uprising.

It's available on Spotify and here, their web player has pretty good quality but you'll only get to hear the first 30 seconds unless you sign up (I did, before it was on Spotify :p You can also listen to United States of Eurasia from the new album there, very Queen-inspired).

I recently picked up the remaster of "Golden Age of the Wireless". I used to love my cassette of it back in the day, and I'm well reminded of just why. Lots of really good music beyond the single. This user-made video isn't too bad. I love the chorus sections--wish they were longer. Trivia bit, Thomas Dolby designed the software used by Nokia cellphones to play ringtones. Seriously smart guy.

"Weightless" by Thomas Dolby

Back
Top Bottom