Which Upcoming RPG Are You Most Anticipating?

Which Upcoming RPG Most Appeals to You?

• Arcania: Gothic 4

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Two Worlds II

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Fallout New Vegas

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Other (sure, go ahead and specify!)

Votes: 20 29.4%

• Total voters
Which server? I've still got my capped fighter on Cannith but I definitely got burned out on the whole thing. Grinding really sucks.
We've got an RPGWatch guild on Khyber. I'd never played an MMO and had no desire to do so, but a couple folks from the guild twisted my arm until I gave it a try. I'm mostly soloing, with guild parties thrown in. No pickups so far, and not enough confidence with MMOs to give it a spin. My most advanced toon is approaching level 7, so it hasn't become a grind for me yet.

Yepp, for me its the witcher II too......pasrt one was one of the best games i played in a long time...

Other: Whatever Piranha Bytes is currently working on. Why haven't we heard anything? That's a bit odd, considering Risen was a 2009 release. It seems they're not making an add-on, as it would've been done soon (which means they would've announced it months ago). Either that or they're just putting a lot of time and effort into it (certainly not a bad thing).

Isn't PB working on Arcania?

No, that's a different company under the watchful eye of JoWood (sigh), who got the rights to do Gothic 4 when JoWood and PB stopped working together. PB made Risen instead, with a new publisher.

So far, PB has not announced their new project (as far as I know).

There's another one you may not have heard about. Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned. A pirates of the Caribbean RPG may sound lame at first, but hey if it's a single player RPG it's gotta be worth a look.

It's yet another one coming out around October. That's New Vegas, Gothic 4 and this one all coming out at the same time! *grumble grumble*

The Witcher 2 for me as well.

I'm not particularly excited about any of that list (then again I rarely get excited about games that haven't been released yet)... Only slightly about Deus Ex... but I'm less optimistic about it than any of the rest.

Fallout:NV, The Witcher 2, and Arcania/Two Worlds 2 in a tie for 3rd place.

NV because I found Fallout 3 a very pleasant surprise after the Oblivion fiasco, and Obsidian's strengths pretty much cover the weaknesses of the vanilla game.

The Witcher 2 because I enjoyed the setting and the writing of the first game immensely.

Arcania mostly out of curiousity of what the new devs can achieve.

Two Worlds because I enjoyed the first game for the simple-minded gaming it had to offer, and I also appreciated the geography...

At this point it has to be Arcania. I'll probably play all the listed games but just about the whole list merits a wait for good word of mouth.

Two Worlds 2 looks like it wants to reinvent the wheel. FallOut Vegas look like Fall out Fallout DC. And while I liked Fallout it was a draining experience not an exhillerating one. Witcher was great but I like open world games. And Deus Ex greatly disappointed in the sequel, the sequels sequel does not deserve a day one purchase chance.

I'm a simple RPGer. Give me a bug free Might and Magic 10 with contemporary graphics and I'm day one there.

@Dajjer, +1 on the M&M 10. It seems inconceivable that Ubisoft doesn't recognize a cash cow when they have one. I wish a real developer would have gotten this franchise. Instead it's stuck with those jokers. I did enjoy Heroes though, so maybe they'll do justice to Might and Magic 10. If I should live so long....

As to the rest, I guess you could add me to The Witcher 2 list. I'm interested in all of them except arcania. I've never been a fan of the PB rpgs.

Due to their DRM policies, I wouldn't buy anything from Ubisoft. Eschalon 2 is already out, so it can't be an anticipated game!! :) GET IT Dte, you'll thank me later!! I'm really looking forward to Frayed Knights, but that might be TOO far away like Witchie 2. Most of the rest are Ho Hum...!! :)

I pretty much anticipate all rpgs I am looking forward to equally in most cases (including now) so I chose Two Worlds II to even it out and to make me number 42. I decide game rankings after I have played them and not before.

PS. Just to let everyone know The Witcher 2 has been announced at an interview at E3 to be coming out Q1 2011 so it isn't as far off as you think. I was watching the E3 show on G4 and they had an interview with Tomasz Gop and he said the release time frame at the end of the interview.

Isn't it great that there are so many single player RPGs about (either out now or upcoming) these days? I remember when a single player RPG was a rarity, or at least that's what it felt like to me. There seemed to be a glut of MMOs which don't interest me, but hardly a single player game to be seen. Now look at it.

Isn't it great that there are so many single player RPGs about (either out now or upcoming) these days? I remember when a single player RPG was a rarity, or at least that's what it felt like to me. There seemed to be a glut of MMOs which don't interest me, but hardly a single player game to be seen. Now look at it.

I largely prefer cooperative multiplayer in pretty much all genres, but I'm hardly one to set the precedent.

Do you play with personal friends or meet people online to play with? Because if I had friends who were into gaming I might enjoy co-op.

I exclusively play with personal friends, because I don't enjoy playing with strangers online - and I don't enjoy the feeling of having to commit to that kind of thing.

Unfortunately, it's getting harder and harder to arrange cooperative sessions, but I find it to be one of THE most pleasurable kinds of entertainment you can have with friends.

At the moment, a bunch of us are playing DDO - and we meet once in a while, but otherwise we use Skype to communicate, which is a decent alternative.

Beyond that, I take a week off every 6 months, to go with some other friends to a summerhouse - where we LAN (and drink beer) until we drop ;)

Wasn't there this kind of poll already out there? :-/

Nevertheless, Drakensang 2 (The River of Time) is THE game for me. The only old school RPG we're going to get... ever.

Though, Two Worlds 2 and new Fallout also seem interesting. Two Worlds 2 seems very good if you read the interviews and look at screenshots, it seems that they fixed lot of issues that were bothering Two Worlds 1, which was basically cheap Oblivion clone. Fallout New Vegas also seems to correct lot of issues that F3 had without mods, but I'm a bit suspicious because it's made by Obsidian, the company that haven't manage to pull any decent game out.

On the other hand, I don't really anticipate Gothic 4 or Deus Ex 3, because there hasn't been any info out there that would suggest that the games are going to be anything else than lausy console-dumbed-down simple RPGs.

Other very interesting game Grim Dawn from makers of Titan Quest with the same engine, but that's most likely going to take a year or two to finish.

PS. Lot of sequels out there, where have the imagination gone? :)

Back
Top Bottom