Bethesda Softworks - Elder Scrolls Rumours

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Several sites are running the rumour that Elder Scrolls V will be announced at E3. The story is based on comments to Japanese magazine Famitsu, with Bethsoft apparently indicating they have a "secret" up their sleeves for E3. They recently sent us their E3 lineup and gave no hints of a surprise but no doubt everyone expects the game sooner or later. VG247 is one of the sites running the story.
More information.

If its an MMO or a mistake like oblivion (big dissapointment) then i will never buy form them ever again. Just make a morrowind kinda game and we will all be happy ( i think ;) )

Fingers crossed.

If its an MMO or a mistake like oblivion (big dissapointment) then i will never buy form them ever again. Just make a morrowind kinda game and we will all be happy ( i think ;) )

I love MMOs and I loved Oblivion so I'd be happy either way :)

wolfing, I hate you.

Better not be an mmo, and not be skyrim, hopefully it'll be closer to fo3 or morrowind than to oblivion.

MMO's are the reason why we have to just make do with crap like Oblivion.

Anyways, I hope they switch to idTech5 for this game, but I judging from Fallout 3 upgrades they spent time on, they are going to stick with Gamebryo.

Care to tell us why?

You mean explain how all that wasted resources making just another generic RPG MMO could've been better used making a truly next-gen single player experience?

THIS is why us PC gamers keep talking and comparing every new game with games like Planescape, DeusEx or VTMB. These days all we get is generic RPG setting with generic plot and only two ways to solve almost every quest in the game.

Turn these RPG's into MMO and people will pay you for years to play same moronic quests over and over and if they get bored, they will ditch the game half way through and start a new character in a new MMO with same generic quests with new graphics of course.

No one great kickass RPG experience for us offline gamers. Make your game MMO and rake in moolah with genric RPG 3000 (cause lets face it, unless you have a console fanbase like Bethesda, making SP RPG is suicide unless you have a solid setting like Planescape.. which no one does).

Maybe they'll surprise us and announce Fallout Tactics 2 for IPhones.

You mean explain how all that wasted resources making just another generic RPG MMO could've been better used making a truly next-gen single player experience?

Actually with that logic all non-RPG game genres are "the reason why we have to just make do with crap like Oblivion".

I'm so excited. I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it :D

Needless to say, I hope this rumor comes to fruition. I do hope that they make two totally seperate interfaces for the game though. I really don't want to see TESMMO. If that's the "secret", I'll be as mad as the Oblivion bashers.

Actually with that logic all non-RPG game genres are "the reason why we have to just make do with crap like Oblivion".

Yes, because we get SO many of MMOFPS, MMORTS, MMOSIMULATION, MMOADVENTURES.. etc. etc. crowding the MMO market in comparison to MMORPG's.

Also, I like how you just put Oblivion into every other genre. I like your style. We should do this again.

While we're at it, as a developer I would personally feel ashamed if every game I release had mod sites with sections dedicated to just improving the crap experience, fixing the SAME complaint in every game. But fanboys consider all mods a plus and actually look forward to user made visual tweaks or bug fixes instead of expecting the developer to take care of all that itself.

MMO's are the reason why we have to just make do with crap like Oblivion.

Anyways, I hope they switch to idTech5 for this game, but I judging from Fallout 3 upgrades they spent time on, they are going to stick with Gamebryo.

Nah, I hope they stick to Gamebryo with a few updates. I really love the editor for that engine + the devs should concentrate on the game mechanics and not on learning a new engine (=less time to spend on the actual game - which is what i personally care for, and not for slightly better graphics).

I hope it isn't an other boring mmo. Tes series has potential and it would be a great loss if they decided to abandon sp gaming.

Then again if they announce TES V, i wonder how much they're going to streamline it. I wonder if they decide to tone it down a bit, after all its no big secret how much people hated those hand holding feautures in oblivion.

Hello? Zenimax has its own separate studio for the MMO stuff. So even if they do announce an MMO, it will not have much to do with the Bethsoft people that develop the SP games. I thought you guys would know this by now. A TES V announcment is possible at this time, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Back
Top Bottom