Eschalon: Book I - Price Drop Announced

magerette

Hedgewitch
Basilisk Games has announced they're dropping the price on their old school indie crpg, Eschalon:Book I.
Here's the full quote:
July 30, 2008...We are excited to announce a price drop on Eschalon: Book I from its original price of $27.95 to $19.95 effective tonight at 12:01 am! Like all forms of entertainment media such as books, movies, music and especially games, there comes a time when it makes sense to lower the price of a product to attract new customers.

So, if you've been hesitant to purchase the game in the past because of its price, or maybe you've been "borrowing your friends" copy, now is when you can show your support for independent game development and classic role-playing games by purchasing a copy of Book I for yourself. Thank you very much!
Note that this is the downloadable version only, as they sold out of the CD version last month.(From an earlier newspost on the site: "At this point we are not planning on ordering any more due to the volume of discs that must be purchased at a time.")
More information.

Anyone interested in purchasing the actual hard copy from me (US$30.00 inc. postage in U.S.), send a message. It's never been opened.

?

I never opened it because I got the electronic download simultaneously.

Hey screeg- I don't see you on the Basilisk Games forums much. How has your flash game (Hidden Evil) been coming along? I was looking forward to seeing that project of yours progress, but sorta forgot about it because you haven't been by to pimp it! :) I'll check it out on your homepage.

Well, there's a fully functioning demo, but unfortunately that's all there ever will be. Inherent limitations in Flash mean my ultimate ambitions to make an entire RPG had to be scaled back, but I'm still happy with what I accomplished, considering my starting programming knowledge was -100.

...as they sold out of the CD version last month.

Yoink. I musta got the last one. Makes me glad I did order a physical copy. So much nicer having something I can set on the shelves with all of the other games and books.

I hope this opens up sales even more! I'll have to post about it over at the GamingWithChildren blog.

Great game guys, if you haven't picked it up I would strongly suggest you do:)

Hey Basilisk;)

I finished this game a few days ago, and while I enjoyed it, I really felt it was overpriced at the time. i think $19.95 is a good price for it.

Do any of you know if Thomas (the lead developer for Basilisk games) allow us to burn the content of the digital download to disc? Or do we get an install code?

I looked for it in the basilisk forums but couldn't seem to find it.

IIRC, you get a single install executable in the download, which can then be backed up as you wish. If Steam worked this way, I would fully endorse it.

Back
Top Bottom