Gothic 3 - Patch #2 Released

txa1265

SasqWatch
As reported at World of Gothic , The next patch for the European version of the game has been released, weighing in at MB and bringing the game to version 1.08. Of course, you can also get it from the Official Site :
I. TECHNICAL BUGFIXES
=====================

Build 1.08
----------
- Several crash bugs fixed
- Performance increased
- Combat AI for several monsters improved/simplified (e.g. boar)
- Lots of AI Fixes ( Murderer Reaction from party member fixed, AI comments improved)
- Sleeping NPC's AI reactions improved
- Camera Control: Inverting the X-axis is now saved
- Lensflare/Sun doesn't shine through mountains and buildings anymore
- Rhobar and Zuben are dead after defeating them
- Revolution mechanics improved
- Lester does now talk even when not sitting at the campfire
- Epilogue fixed
- "No mission success after 2 times "not enough gold" fixed

II. CONTENT FIXES
=============

Build 1.08
----------
- Vak and Gonzales are now still there after a revolution
- There are now more weapons at traders and in chests
- Annoying NPCs from Faring arena removed
- Story and Missions in Al shedim improved. (Lester,Saturas,Wutras,etc...)
- Snorre's ancestor stone fixed
- All problems of Hogar and the southern Orcs fixed
- Ronar Trading fixed
- Less monsters/Orcs in Nordmar
- Vibald is now carrying explosive arrows
- Bogir dialog fixed
- Osmund dialog fixed

III. CHANGES/ADDITIONS
======================

Build 1.08
----------
- Crossbow handling improved
More information.

Has this patch made the game more playable? In other news, my order for Gothic 3 from New Zealand has been delayed by another week (November 4th). By the time I get it, it will already be out in the states!

Good news, thanks txa1265. :)

Gorath whats, stat boni?
You mean we can actually keep our current Saves?

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Has this patch made the game more playable? In other news, my order for Gothic 3 from New Zealand has been delayed by another week (November 4th). By the time I get it, it will already be out in the states!

Did you order the CE edition? 'Cause if you did then it doesn't matter that it's out in the US, because the US doesn't get a CE. If you just ordered the plain version, well... too bad. :-/

Hey, it sounds like they really worked over a lot of stuff in this patch. I hope it makes a big difference. The game reviews that have been coming out seem to be rating G3 an average of 8/10. With another patch or two like this one and it might go up there to 9/10 like a worthy Gothic game should be! I'm really glad they got this one out the door before US reviewers get their hands on it.

The key question is still- Does it affect Save Games in any way? It appears not to, since they aren't really mentioned, but I might wait for someone to post that they're playing an old SG after patch with no hassles!! :)

Gorath, can you explain in detail what you mean...I didn't get that either :-/

Oh, after reading the German version I understood.
Not sure if you can continue with any savegame then or just with the one in which you dropped all your equipment - still, very annoying thing that is...after 2 patches :mad:

What´s up with you guys today ? ;)
Would it make any sense to unequip (not drop!) your amour, etc. if you can´t continue with the same savegame?

what is up with us guys?
well, maybe we are just slowly but steadily beginning to get annoyed by pb, who are ruining their reputation with this g3 desaster :rolleyes:

but again, i didn't get what you want to tell us:
if i unequip all my equipment now and save this game, then i can use this very savegame only after patch 1.08 to be sure the explot doesn't affect me?
in other words, do i need to do this with every savegame i want to use after patch 1.08?
cannot be, that was total bullshit...i must be wrong

Unequip if you want correct stats, don´t if you want twice the stats. As explained by PB in the patch notes.

i got that, but...ok, i'll explain it in detail:

i have 2 savegames now, let's call them savegame 1 and savegame 2.
if i do this to savegame 1 only, can the exploit still happen in savegame 2?

Probably yes, I think. There´s no need to use an older savegame though.

Is their still a savegame bug in 1.08?

Anyway, they cannot be serious...I think that is the end for G3 on my harddisk

So... let me get this straight... you're going to stop playing the game because you have to put your sword away and re-save... even though they fixed a bunch of stuff? :S

And you were complaining that Gorath didn't make any sense?? ;)

So... let me get this straight... you're going to stop playing the game because you have to put your sword away and re-save... even though they fixed a bunch of stuff? :S

And you were complaining that Gorath didn't make any sense?? ;)

yes, because there's plenty of other, bugfree & annoyance-free games to play.

If anything, the beasties are now too easy; I just killed 3 boars with Orcslayer!!

Nope, I didn't order the CE, just the plain old vanilla version. I'm not hurting too bad, though -- I'm replaying Planescape Torment for the 1st time since 1999 and loving it. It's a little pixelated, but just as fun.

At least, the patch doesn't seem to have fixed "fetch common items" type quests such as 'Shy Deer', 'Wolf Skins Delivery' and 'DIY Tools for Rebuilding' ones. However, in my case, the bugs seem to be minor although I am running Gothic 3 on a machine with the physical memory of 500mb! Of course, loading and saving take time but I know save-often policy pays off. I haven't experienced single crash and the trick may be to set the page file huge - 3 Gb on my machine.

As for combat, I am using a balanced melee/ranged character, aiming at a two-weapon fighter, and try to lure a few opponents and finish them before they engag into melee. In one on one melee combat, I don't have a problem with orcs except the knocking-back system makes me mashing the buttons. I often end up right-click mashing for keep the opponent knocked back, which simplifies the melee combat too much, IMO. Reading others' comments on combat, I think I can keep going probably because I rely on the most decently implemented weapon - bow. Some people seem to have complained of the scarcity of arrows but headshots help in keeping the resource. Or, if you are not accustomed to it, probably teleporting to a few towns and looking into inventories of the hunters and traders - not weapon smiths' for they sell quarrels for crossbows - would help.

At the moment, although Gothic III has many things to be desired, basically I like the faction-based reaction system and the feel of exploring the wilderness. Gaining the trust of orcs and working for rebels behind their back is much more interesting than simple good/evil alignment system. I'd like to see this system and the AI reactions to be more explored in the future. While in wilderness, I always need to try to keep myself aware of the environment, which is what I liked in Gothic series.

Despite minor bugs, I have no game-stopping problem with Gothic 3 yet and I don't find a single reason to stop playing it.

Back
Top Bottom