Morrowind Rebirth 3.0 - Preview @ PC Gamer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
PC Gamer has a new preview of the Morrowind Rebirth mod this week.

Morrowind Rebirth, the long-running Morrowind overhaul mod has posted a single screenshot of its upcoming 3.0 release. It offers a taste of the improvements planned for the Imperial stronghold of Ebonheart.
More information.

It doesn't seem all that different. I guess they've added bump map and shadows? Maybe more realistic water?

Morrowind is my all time favorite RPG game...Rebirth didn't look to impressive to me

It doesn't seem all that different. I guess they've added bump map and shadows? Maybe more realistic water?

It looks like an overall game overhaul/improvement mod. It's not so much a graphic-focused overhaul as MGSO.

Still hoping for Skywind...

I installed it and played the starting area briefly and noticed more npcs and added stuff to do. I think they took the time to add content so that there isn't so much empty space where Bethesda was unable or unwilling to spend the time.

I'd like to try this mod and cover it a bit. More stuff coming from me soon. :)

Last edited:
I installed it and played the starting area briefly and noticed more npcs and added stuff to do. I think they took the time to add content so that there isn't so much empty space where Bethesda was unable or unwilling to spend the time.

How did you get an early copy of this mod? o_O

I'd like to do a preview, I have Morrowind installed and would like to do a preview of this for the 'Watch. Can someone point me in the direction of the creators of this mod so I can speak to them? o_O

Thanks, Couch! Gonna download that and see what's what.

Article + video to come. Maybe. :)

First impression (and this is literally a 10 minute play session I had just to see if I noticed anything) - Wow!

It's so different. Seyda Neen is more fleshed out with a lot more buildings, NPCs, details. I've noticed a little more graphical detail, but it could be my eyes playing tricks on me (everything I play on this laptop looks amazing, heh). There are a few more hand-placed objects in the starter area. The armor looks really nice, both on the NPCs and also laying around the starter area.

Of course, I have a lot more to go and see, but this seems to be a completely different feel than MGSO. Better or worse is a subjective opinion, but it's certainly different enough to warrant checking out.

I'll compile my thoughts for an article later. You guys should check out version 2.9 in the meantime and see what you think, and we can discuss it on here. :)

The only overhaul if like to see for Morrowind on top of MGSO is character animations. I appreciate this effort but never felt the world was lacking in any way,

If someone manages to start it with MGSO together please post here your impression. I think I will have to replay Morrowind again soon :)

MGSO isn't really needed, in my opinion. Morrowind Rebirth + Morrowind Graphics Extender looks great. Sure, not everything is super HD, but it still looks really good, and I enjoy the look of it quite a bit.

Videos showing off some of these mods will be coming soon. Gotta get that new PC built. :)

Morrowind Rebirth 2.9 has instantly become a favorite mod of mine. Why? It's very robust. It adds a lot of new design to the game. For example, Seyda Neen has many new buildings, traders, people to talk to, etc. Balmora is redesigned and has a lot of new content as well. One could most likely spend many hours just exploring the new buildings and talking to the new NPCs.

Combined with a few choice mods, and Morrowind turns into a completely fresh and new experience. Try Rebirth 2.9 for now and see what you think. It really breathes some new life into the game, in my opinion.

Here's a video I made doing a tour of Seyda Neen in Morrowind Rebirth 2.9. It really changes things, so check it out and let me know what you think. :)

Since I was always using Better Bodies when playing Morrowind I have forgotten how ugly vanilla characters were… But Seyda Neen does look nice!

Last edited:
I don't think anything in the game is 'ugly', but I have used Better Bodies in the past and thought it looked good. I think the default bodies look fine, too. o_O

Back
Top Bottom