Brexit - Likely to Impact Gaming Industry

Haha I would actually be happy if/when that happens :) . Finally no more drunk people (OK, less), no car parades, no insane honking but a return to peace, harmony and order…

Viva Italia! Forza azzuri! :celebrate::dance:

Verräter ;)

Attachments

• deutschland.jpg
    deutschland.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 88
This is what happens when people are not held accountable for what is said during political campaigns. This needs to stop everywhere. The liars need to be locked up.

Accountable for what? During this kind of campaign, public servants lie for their own benefits and for the benefits of people who vote for them.

Causes for a vote might be expressed publically and loudly. Sometimes.

Most often, they cant be expressed. It is the work of a public servant to guess the desire of his master (the voter) and dress it when the master would not like to confess it.

The benefit for a public servant is to get rewarded when the vote goes the way her master desires.

The public servant wants to stay in activity and only lie to satisfy the desire of the master.

It is going to be very hard to held the servant accountable of anything as he serves.

The servant who gets elected is the servant who guesses his master's desire the best and is most efficient at dressing the desire when the desire cant be confessed.

How come you sometimes express yourself quite clearly Chien and then lapse into the cryptic again? :thinking:

Politicians will be politicians but without public support they would get nowhere. And, unfortunately, quite a lot of the public that supports them think that ignorance is a virtue.
"SUNDERLAND AND THE BREXIT TRAGEDY"
http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/sunderland-and-the-brexit-tragedy

Is it true that Vodafone is planning to relocate HQ out of UK?

Yeah, so we was a darling of the Brexiters and, all of a sudden, he is gone? Makes sense though... clows are good entertainers (if one likes clowns; personally, I don't) but make crappy prime ministers...

Yeah, so we was a darling of the Brexiters and, all of a sudden, he is gone? Makes sense though… clows are good entertainers (if one likes clowns; personally, I don't) but make crappy prime ministers…

He acts like clown but pretty smart guy. Apparently he was on his way to announce himself as a leadership candidate but found out at the last minute that Grove has stabbed him in the back.

Apparently. As well as VISA.
From what I heared personal Data from customers has to be stored in the EU. So if GB isn't in the EU anymore, VISA Quaters or at least their servers need to move as well.

He acts like clown but pretty smart guy. Apparently he was on his way to announce himself as a leadership candidate but found out at the last minute that Grove has stabbed him in the back.
Well if he allowed himself to be backstabbed he isn't all that smart. And for Grove to say that he now "reluctantly but firmly believes that Boris Johnson was not capable of uniting the party or the country" after campaigning with the guy for the last 8 months and endorsing him in the leadership challenge? Tells you all you need to know about this one.

I think this will be one of the first real consequences to be felt by the UK economy. Large corporations shifting there operations out so as to remain in the EU, with Ireland being the most likely candidate for the language (I heard a talking head on the BBC mention that Lithuania was the next highest English speaking per capita country).

The blindingly obvious problem is that, on a level playing field in the EU, the UK has certain things in its favour for investors, but these are all vastly outweighed by the risks of uncertainty. I am quite sure that considerable damage is being done every day now, but the impact won't be appreciated for a while.

I strongly suspect that the next leader will be someone who understands the value of the single market, and will do a deal that will essentially retain the open borders and EU contributions, and the whole farce will have achieved nothing but damage. My bigger worry is what the angry right wing will do when they realise that Brexit didn't achieve their ends.

What is their ends?

In a nutshell, a drastic reduction in immigration, and an improvement in their standards of living.

They have made the EU the scapegoat for a much larger problem. The plight of British workers is a symptom of the consequences of globalized capitalism. In much the same way as offshoring has taken a great toll on the American middle class, in the UK is has been more a case of the importation of cheap labour. All the wealthy western economies are facing these challenges, and there is no doubt that something has to be done. The British hard right has promised Brexit as a solution, but the people responsible have no intention of addressing the root causes of inequality, and the economic chaos will only make their voters poorer… and more angry.

OK, thanks. Similar to over here.

In some respects, it shares considerable similarities to the Trump phenomenon. And the politicians involved just as contemptible, in their British way.

Last edited:
Apparently. As well as VISA.
From what I heared personal Data from customers has to be stored in the EU. So if GB isn't in the EU anymore, VISA Quaters or at least their servers need to move as well.
That is correct. Privacy data of EU citizens needs to be stored in the EU. Vodafone is not alone with this issue as there are several datacenters in the UK, like Rackspace for example (located in London), who either need to open a datacenter outside of the UK or relocate

Last edited:
A majority of pro-Remain MP's having to vote about a Brexit deal to be achieved by a new, most likely, pro-Remain Prime-Minister, having to deal with an anti-Brexit EU that has to do nothing but sit back and relax for two years to condemn the UK to WTO-rules, starting negotiations with a huuuge number of countries and passing all sorts of legislation on all sorts of topics.
Two years would hardly be enough just to analyse all the strings and knots, me thinks.

Though the end may not be hard to guess, sacrifice those with a non-cosmopolitan or a non-neoliberal way of thinking, it has already started out to be a first class soap/drama/thriller - ouch, watch your back, and don't forget that sword of Damocles!
I guess it's high time to buy popcorn stocks.

I think this will be one of the first real consequences to be felt by the UK economy. Large corporations shifting there operations out so as to remain in the EU, with Ireland being the most likely candidate for the language (I heard a talking head on the BBC mention that Lithuania was the next highest English speaking per capita country).

It works in the reverse.

For example, people wanted a EU financial trading place large enough to compete with some other large trading places like in the US.

The operation intended to merge a place in Frankfurt and another place in London.
Yet the EU anti trust laws thwarted the move.

Now the move is possible and the HQ moved to London (or out of the EU juridiction perimeter)

It should be announced in the few next days.

UK will never be as close to Europe than after voting to leave the EU.

Back
Top Bottom