Last game you finished, tell us about it

3 games finished during the weekend. Jade Empire, Cold Fear and Infernal

Infernal (7/10)
First person shooter about a fallen angel working for satan himself.

Pros:
* Stunning graphics
* Top level physics

Cons:
* Uninteresting/Nonexistant storyline that feels unimportant
* Uninspired linear maps
* Nothing new, no new gameplay elements
* Repetitive boring opponents
* Uninteresting characters, both bosses and friends lack proper presentation
* When I burn with hellfire, why am I hurt by flamethrowers?
* Headshots appear nonresponding
* The infernal powers are meaningless and barely used
* Most of the infernal powers are difficult to control
* Greatest puzzles is to figure out how to do something obvious but just finding how the developers intended you to do it
* If you are an atheist you will probably just find the concept silly
* Weapons are unbalanced. You end up using your favorite but that's about it.

Infernal ... like Call of Juarez, another title we don't get for months ...

Both are from poland right?

Just finished F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point. If you liked F.E.A.R., then definitely get Extraction Point.

Highlight to read.

Great game but a somewhat disappointing ending. Where F.E.A.R. ended with a dramatic cliffhanger, Extraction Point just leaves you scratching your head.

Just finished F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point. If you liked F.E.A.R., then definitely get Extraction Point.

I agree - as I said in my review, "build on the already solid gameplay core, but none of it is groundbreaking."

@JDR13
if you want a survival horror game that not only touches resident evil but in some regards suprases it you should put this game on your list to play at some point.
http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?gameid=1972

Thanks curious, I actually have MG:Unification but I never finished it. I remember grabbing it out of the bargain bin a few years ago and giving it a spin. I found the control to be somewhat frustrating and ended up getting stumped by a puzzle at some point and never going back.

Did you finish it?

yeah a few years ago but not without a walkthrough. theres was a point i got stuck as well. it was worth it though as the last stretch of the game had some really awesome parts to it. and you're right the controls were a bit difficult but i imagine this had something to do with it being a playstation game (first?) too.

The last game I finished was Dune, an adventure-strategy hybrid from the early 90s. It was fun but the ending was a bit lame compared to the book and the movie.

I'd rate it 7/10. I tend to look for replay value in my games and there arent that many paths to victory in that game. The AI is pretty passive (only scripted events?). The gameplay was however refreshing, and the graphics are gorgeous for the time period (except for when they use poorly digitized movie pictures rather than hand drawn ones, somehow devs didnt realized what looks better back then). The soundtrack isnt very good, but the game is fully voice acted and the voice acting is decent.

Finished Lunar Knights on the DS, really solid anime-inspired action-RPG that might be my favorite DS RPG yet!

Also finished The Warriors on the PSP. Whew ... I had seen that when it was in theaters, but never since, yet some things still struck a nerve ...

Finally, I finished Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters on the PSP. What a really huge game - the main part is short, but there is replay value and multiplayer and minigames and on and on ... and you feel like you're constantly rewarded for everything, so you just keep plugging away ...

Alien Shooter Vengeance (PC) - nicely done sci-fi action-RPG. Reminds me a bit of ShadowGrounds, but that game looks better. But the sheer density of the onslaughts you need to survive is impressive ... I killed just over 16,000 monsters in the 15 missions, finding loads of hidden stuff and completing many side-missions. Great for $20 - the survival modes are pretty cool also.

Fable: The Lost Chapters (9/10)
While Fable had a slow start, I fell in love with it once the story took off and got serious. It's obvious that the developers have spent a great amount of time developing the game. I did not feel it was a short game either (I did about everything that could be done in the game which took me over a week).

I did not feel it was a short game either

I consider myself a completist - KotOR took me 65 hours the first couple of times, yet Fable TLC took me 15 hours. Too. Darn. Short.

I consider myself a completist - KotOR took me 65 hours the first couple of times, yet Fable TLC took me 15 hours. Too. Darn. Short.

And you did finish everything?
I bought all houses, got all tattoes, haircuts, got two wives, finished the long lasting quests such as the hero doll quest, the book quest, the 30 silver keys, the hidden treasure etc and I opened all demon doors. This morning I grinded money for 3 hours straight to be able to afford the last house.

It was very easy though. I finished the entire game without dying once and still I used nothing but the light will user robe and the bright wizards hat.

And you did finish everything?
I bought all houses,<...>
No - but neither did I buy every vendor out of stock in every other RPG. I owned more than one house (3?), married only once (lawful good, don't you know ;) ) did the book quest and everything else I could find.

I've never managed to fully replay it, either.

No - but neither did I buy every vendor out of stock in every other RPG. I owned more than one house (3?), married only once (lawful good, don't you know ;) ) did the book quest and everything else I could find.

I've never managed to fully replay it, either.

Well, Fable gave me 11-3=9 days with 2-5h break per day for school.

Well, Fable gave me 11-3=9 days with 2-5h break per day for school.

I'm glad you got a lot out of it - I liked the game, just found it short and not too deep as an RPG.

I'm amazed that anyone could get as much out of Fable as you guys did. I had to force myself to finish that game and would never consider replaying it. The only thing I could think of at the time was how much I'd rather be playing Gothic:)

fable is like a day at an amusement park: difinitely some short bursts of entertainment which are more rewarding the younger you are. under certain conditions might need a dentist afterwards.
gothic is like owning a nice car. lots of freedom and usuage over many years and obviously not for those under 16;) under certain conditions might need a mechanic afterwards(or before)

My first spark of real interest came with:
Finding and learning the fate of your Sister.
At that point I started to feel that the game was more than a game made for kids.
It was at that point a rather uninteresting story started to grow more and more important. Then there was a few other adult themes...
Sleeping with all the girls in your own bordello, enduring a year of torture, watching your mother getting killed.
But yes, it's a parody of RPG's and there were quite a few laughs along the road, and some of it felt silly.

At the end I felt that the story was well delivered, at least after the first plot twist.

Back
Top Bottom