Risen 2 - Updated Website, Trailer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Deep Silver sent us a press release announcing updates to the Risen 2 site, so head over and check it out - particularly the teaser trailer showing the first in-game footage. Here's the press release:
Yo-ho, yo-ho - pirates find new anchorage on Risen 2TM website
Expanded online presence with extensive information on the role-playing game, including a brand new ingame teaser
As Deep Silver and Piranha Bytes announced today, the expanded website for the RPG Risen 2: Dark Waters is now online. At www.risen2.com, adventurers now receive even deeper insights into the exciting world of the long-awaited sequel to the best-selling RPG Risen™.

Apart from new details about the story and the continents, the Risen 2 website also provides background information on the nameless hero. In the coming months, the "World" and "Characters" areas will be further expanded, and descriptions of the game's different creatures will be added. Fans will, of course, also find the latest news at www.risen2.com, as well as an interesting FAQ section, screenshots, wallpapers, and the downloadable CGI video. Moreover, visitors to the website can register for the newsletter and share their impressions with other players on the message boards or via Facebook.

Brand new on the official Risen 2 website is the first ingame teaser for the game which can be watched on the site.
Thanks to BearishSun for also sending this in.
More information.

That trailer is balls to the wall awesome. I would rather play this than Skyrim right now, honestly.

That trailer is balls to the wall awesome. I would rather play this than Skyrim right now, honestly.

When I read comments like this I always wonder why gamers are impressed by trailers. All a spectacular CGI trailer tells you is that enough budget was available to outsource it to a competent supplier.

All a spectacular CGI trailer tells you is that enough budget was available to outsource it to a competent supplier.
I´m pretty sure that, unlike the first one, this new trailer is all in-game footage so it is a bit more telling than you suggest.

This one atleast is a gameplay trailer.
Huh, all I´ve seen were cutscenes.

When I read comments like this I always wonder why gamers are impressed by trailers. All a spectacular CGI trailer tells you is that enough budget was available to outsource it to a competent supplier.

I know how it will play because I have played all their games. The trailer shows you the mood and atmosphere, which I think are awesome. I am one of those SO FUCKING BORED OF FANTASY people, so this lights my fire.

looks amazing - love the new piratey direction they're taking with the IP!

That trailer was dripping with atmosphere, which in my opinion has always been PBs greatest strength

The graphics are cool, but I hope they have paid more attention to the really important things (gameplay, story, etc.) than the graphics.

PB were always good at small towns (Khorinis, the coastal city in Risen)... somehow the great look of the new one makes me confident they won't screw up this time too :)

Definately got the atmosphere, and the graphics are pretty good...they aren't as technically impressive as skyrim, but they do their job.

Since they outsourced most of the graphics I'm expecting they focused on the story, quests, and gameplay.

I'm going to have to replace my keyboard now, I done drueled all over it.

Man I can't wait for this release.

Back
Top Bottom