Underworld Ascendant - Overhauled Gameplay Footage!

@Dart, have your girlfriend take a Dramamine before a session. It helps a buddy of mine a ton when he plays shooters.

Looks too glowy and bright

Motion sickness is often caused by eye strain and/or an uncorrected vision problem. I might suggest a checkup with a proper opthamologist - the regular opticians only tend to look at the obvious common vision problems and eye-health issues, and lots of more subtle problems get missed.

Motion sickness is often caused by eye strain and/or an uncorrected vision problem. I might suggest a checkup with a proper opthamologist - the regular opticians only tend to look at the obvious common vision problems and eye-health issues, and lots of more subtle problems get missed.

Good point, I'll mention that to her - thanks :)

Ripper said:
Motion sickness is often caused by eye strain and/or an uncorrected vision problem. I might suggest a checkup with a proper opthamologist

Good point, I'll mention that to her - thanks :)

Well, then good luck in looking for next GF… :biggrin:

----
Back to the topic - I agree with you, guys. It looks great, especially that flowing lava. There could be a lot of interactivity. It looks like a game created for DArt :), but he wont be the only one who will like it.

That voiceover...I am immensely disappointed with the choice of having a voiced player character, especially one who seems so chatty. Coming from a team comprised of veterans who have established well-deserved reputations for building immersive simulations to explore, this choice is baffling.

The voice-acting itself is actually pretty good, but having regular commentary coming out of my character's mouth during moment-to-moment gameplay will shatter the immersion and become absolutely annoying. I rarely let one annoyance keep me from playing an otherwise good game, but this is kind of a big deal, and possibly a deal-breaker for me.

That voiceover…I am immensely disappointed with the choice of having a voiced player character, especially one who seems so chatty. Coming from a team comprised of veterans who have established well-deserved reputations for building immersive simulations to explore, this choice is baffling.

The voice-acting itself is actually pretty good, but having regular commentary coming out of my character's mouth during moment-to-moment gameplay will shatter the immersion and become absolutely annoying. I rarely let one annoyance keep me from playing an otherwise good game, but this is kind of a big deal, and possibly a deal-breaker for me.

Agree with everything you said. Its not a deal breaker for me tho. It'll feel more an interactive story than a pure rpg.

That voiceover…I am immensely disappointed with the choice of having a voiced player character, especially one who seems so chatty. Coming from a team comprised of veterans who have established well-deserved reputations for building immersive simulations to explore, this choice is baffling.
The voice-acting itself is actually pretty good

Agreed. And while she is not bad, I dont think she is that good either (but its probably not her fault). Because it doesnt sound like she is in a vast dangerous underground. It sounds more like faery tale or mainstream wannabe-Tomb Raider.

The voice over was for demonstration purposes. It will not be like that in the game proper. At least according to the pc gamer podcast where they interviewed some of the people involved.

I was not impressed if the final games stays similar, but if the final game is much improved that it was OK. I also didn't like FOV and everything glowed. I would prefer a bit more interesting monster. He also seemed to lack a proper walking animation and looked more like sliding on the floor. Also lack of good sounds.

I was not impressed if the final games stays similar, but if the final game is much improved that it was OK. I also didn't like FOV and everything glowed. I would prefer a bit more interesting monster. He also seemed to lack a proper walking animation and looked more like sliding on the floor. Also lack of good sounds.

You realize thats just a demo right

what? This is silly.

Nevermind... :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom