Gothic 3 Stone Tablets

hwfanatic

Watchdog
As I progress trough the game, some merchants get stone tablets with some ancient information on it. They are really a bargain, costing at 75 gold coins and giving +5 on ancient knowledge. But as I read them my character gets the bonus for just a second, and then he,.. um,.. forgets it. Somehow. What's the deal with this?

Yes, the bonus is permanent and the tablet disappears!! Check your AK, it should have increased!!

I confirmed that my NA DVD version doesn't have this problem - I had a AK tablet in my inventory, I used it and the increase stuck over more than an hour's time, including a reload (just to check ... long time for a little test ;) ).

Actually let me tell you what I think hwfanatic is seeing.

When I use stone tablets (in the fully patched Euro release), that give +5 AK, I see them momentarily give a 10 point increase and then drop down to the usual 5 that they should give. You have to be staring at the stat exactly at the time you use the tablet or you will miss it.

I don't think this is "bug", it is more of a glitch. Its almost as if the script that gives the increase for tablets gives a "10" bonus and then later on someone corrected it give the correct bonus but didn't take out the part that increased it to "10" earlier. Heh... classic cut & paste error.

Either way, I always get the correct permanent increase. You can only see the glitch for that very fleeting moment.

EUR version, 1.08: reading a stone tablet of +5 increases the ancient knowledge by ten points and then reduces the value point by point by a total of 5. You can follow the value going down on screen after reading the tablet. It's really confusing, I don't know why it has been made like that.

Edit: elkston, you were a bit faster this time!

One of the tablets is +10 so i have heard, so check to see if it goes to +10 direct or to +20 for a split second, maybe that +10 is what the game is waiting for?

Back
Top Bottom