STASIS - A 2D SciFi Horror Adventure Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The following kickstarter isn't an RPG but some of you may be interested. The game is called STASIS, and is a "2D Isometric SciFi Horror Adventure Game".

Here is the usual pitch video, and a link to a demo for everyone to try.

Stasis is a 2D isometric, point-and-click adventure game for Windows & OSX, set in the distant future on a desolate spacecraft. John Maracheck must interact and solve puzzles to save his family, while uncovering horrific experimentation, illicit research, and an ever deepening mystery.
More information.

I've been following this game for a while now, and I think it looks quite awesome. It reminds me a bit of Sanitarium, which is a good thing :).

Yeah, Ill probably be backing this before long.

There is a huge amount of work done already (the game is almost complete). Great art direction and atmosphere. Needs quite a bit of work still of course (pathfinding, sound design graphic tweaks etc), and it would be nice if he could sharpen the res a bit for 1080p
(it seemed just a tad off I believe) but all in all an impressive effort (I need to put more than the half hour I managed though).

This is a nice new trend developing, and I don't mean just the resurgence of 2D, but also providing demos of the job already done (i.e. Bloom had a nice engine demo also). A very good idea for projects not based on existing IPs and Rockstar developer names...

WOW! Fantastic Art Direction here and look at the talent all around! Very glad that this game will surpass its KS goal.

I generally have zero interest in adventure games, but the demo for this grabbed me right away. There are unfortunately several basic design errors, like repeatedly making the player wait for things. I wish they had provided a forum for demo feedback.

Thanks Couchy, I'm one of the Watch guys that also plays adventure games. The last Sci-Fi adventure game I played was Julia and I liked that a lot. I'm currently waiting for another Kickstarter adventure game: Lifeless planet. But Stasis looks like pretty good also. OTOH, an isometric adventure game is sorta different and I'll have to give this some thought. I did star the game however.

Wow! That was impressive. Did you guys notice that Mark Morgan is doing the score? I'm backing this.

Neat! Nice that the kickstarter is mainly for polishing too. I do worry about the "Mature content, for mature gamers", though… I hope that doesn't meant awkward gratuitous stasis necrophilia.

Back
Top Bottom