KB: Crossworlds - Screens @ Worthplaying

Yes. Champion's Arena. Makes 3, imho.

Two and a bit. Rise of the Orcs is separate from Armored Princess, yes, but it's little more than a large mod for it rather than a completely new game.

Think Unreal Tournament 2003/2004.

I never had Unreal games (except Unreal 2 for SP mode), but I get the idea.

Two and a bit. Rise of the Orcs is separate from Armored Princess, yes, but it's little more than a large mod for it rather than a completely new game.

That's disappointing to hear. I would rather they had taken more time and made another full campaign. I liked KB and AP a lot, but I'll probably pass on Crossworlds.

I never had Unreal games (except Unreal 2 for SP mode), but I get the idea.
Darn, you're missing out. I really like Unreal Tournament, even if the bots are infuriating :p

I think Crossworlds is good if you've played AP a few times as it adds a new spin to the game, and one of the campaigns has high replay value, but I will agree that it's not the best way to spend £15. I love Katauri's work on the series, don't get me wrong, but that £15 doesn't get you a lot.

I wonder, however, how the editor might be.

There's two versions, at least on Steam. One installs with Crossworlds, and it's basically a limited version. From what I read on 1C from an admin, you can't change terrain in it and I think there's a few other limits.

The second version is 12GB! and installs separately, and is the more functional version.

I didn't get to play around much with it, but straight away I noticed a slightly poor translation was done to it and it's not the clearest thing to set up. Luckily it comes with instructions and a guide.

Huh ? 12 GB ? So this means they had to bundle it with a game in order to get it out for fans ? ;)

I'm not sure, really. It's strange that there's two versions of it, because I really don't know how it'd work for retail or other editions of the game.

I picked it up before the price fix. I'm a King's Bounty fan so $10 was a no brainer for me, especially since I didn't have The Legend in steam yet, keeps it simple for me.

Only problem now is I can't seem to get my interface & camera mods working for TL. *shrug* I'll figure it out, perhaps I've got busted files, the original host linked from the KB forums doesn't have them anymore.

I don't quite get all the Steam wariness around here. Don't get me wrong, I support Impulse when I can because I don't want a monopoly but otherwise I'm very happy with Steam's selection & service.

I don't quite get all the Steam wariness around here. Don't get me wrong, I support Impulse when I can because I don't want a monopoly but otherwise I'm very happy with Steam's selection & service.

I was the same as you, but... I don't know. Lately I've been a bit nonplussed with Steam, perhaps moving slowly towards jaded.

I don't want a program running in the background all the time while playing my games + STEAM sometimes restart my computer without asking when it installs and update I hate that. So yeah GG is the way to go IMHO.

I don't want a program running in the background all the time while playing my games + STEAM sometimes restart my computer without asking when it installs and update I hate that. So yeah GG is the way to go IMHO.

Not sure what's going on there. Steam only ever restarts itself for me, never my computer.

Edit:
I just want to point out this topic on the 1C boards. It's an argument against KB:C having too little new content, although I'll admit it's based mainly around replay value and the editor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom