Font color HUD (mod in preparation)

I noticed that the first time it is shown and apparently activating the scope or binoculars is seen as event (first time after reload game, I guess).

This may be true for The Precursors and I see it now both on my ATI and NVIDIA systems, but the original White Gold mod shows both zoom and range immediately. So maybe we are missing something, because both your and my version shows the delay until an event.

We know that White Gold and The Precursors are not behaving the same and there are differences in the .xml files. I can't compare with White Gold. But for The Precursors the behavior of the binocular mod is the same as for the sniper. So, I don't see what I've done wrong.
You mentioned earlier that you got the original mod working for The Precursors. How did that behave?

You mentioned earlier that you got the original mod working for The Precursors. How did that behave?

The same way, the labels only appear after you move and zoom the binoculars. Is this true for the sniper rifle as well?

Yes, sniper scope and binulars react the same way. That was the idea in the beginning. ;)
Anyway, I have just tested it a bit and the display behavior depends on the last value used. It remembers the last zoom factor of a specific device (camera, sniper and binoculars). If you put them in different zoom values and switched between them the zoom factor is displayed on activation. If you activate the same device twice the display is gone the second time. This seems logical to me.
As far as I can see we can't influence the numerical values within the scheme.xml file.

does wesp's hud fix have anything to do with you work??

Back
Top Bottom