Lionhead Studios - Fable 3 Announced

magerette

Hedgewitch
Lionhead and Microsoft have put out a press release announcing their next title in the Fable series, the XBox 360 exclusive Fable III, along with a trailer and two concept art pics. You can read the press release details and catch the media here at Voodoo Extreme, Action Trip, and ShackNews among others. Eurogamer also has a preview of the game here.
From Eurogamer:
"The entire Fable idea is a fairytale twist on European history and myth," says [art lead John] McCormack. "What we've settled on is to go about 50 years on from Fable II. So we've loosely chosen the Napoleonic period, and we've started to pull in a bit of Regency, a tiny bit of Victorian, and we're plugging in an early industrial age to Albion. It's a Napoleonic fairytale."
The game is slated for a holiday 2010 release date.
More information.

Well, I can't say that I'm surprised. They never made Fable 2 for the PC, so why should they make Fable 3 for it.

I used to like Peter Molyneux. Sure he was a bit of a loud mouth and basically crazy, but still he made some interesting games. Now....I could careless what his next project would be.

Their source of inspiration seems to be Arcanum (Industry vs Nature/Magic). Could turn out interesting, though I have no illusions it'll turn out to be another Arcanum. Still, the concept is fairly interesting.

Molyneux's concepts are generally fairly interesting. In the most basic level, he's actually a very good designer, and I believe that's why people think he's a good designer all around. I mean, if you think game design is all about know how to make a game that sells, than I believe he's probably one of the best, along all the guys in his sales and marketing department: they're fairly good game designers too.

In any case, it's how he develops his basic ideas that make me, too, not give a damn about what he does. Lol.

Just play Fable: Lost Chapters on the PC. It's a better game than Fable 2 turned out to be and I expect even less from Fable 3. Fable 2 felt like a kick in the gut and I refuse to buy another game that has Molyneux as a designer. What the hell happened since Populous or Dungeon Keeper?

Back
Top Bottom