Obsidian Entertainment - Dungeon Siege 3

Did I miss something? Isn't this regarding Dungeon Siege 3?

What's with all the references to Dungeon Siege 1 as if the second game which, by the way, addressed every single point of criticism from the first game, didn't exist? Or is it just that so many people were put off by the first game that they never played the second one yet still choose to speak of it as if they have any knowledge of the game and aren't just talking out of a backwards turning orifice? ;)

At any rate, as long as Obsidian aren't solely responsible for the engine but are instead using a leased one, then I have no qualms about this ... although the reference to the Mask of the Betrayer writer still produces an violent twitch in me :evil::mad:>:O(yes, I absolutely hated the way the game ended. I was so furious that I immediately uninstalled it and I'll never be able to replay it without dreading the end)

I'm not sure which aspect of the ending made you frustrated, but there are several endings depending on various choices you make.

Never felt the ending was all that strong, but it never bothered me. The rest of the game is great though.

In any case, I never even got into any of the Siege games, so this title is probably not aimed at me at all.

I'm not sure which aspect of the ending made you frustrated, but there are several endings depending on various choices you make.

Never felt the ending was all that strong, but it never bothered me. The rest of the game is great though.

In any case, I never even got into any of the Siege games, so this title is probably not aimed at me at all.

It was the part where the developers turned tail at the last possible moments and removed the option to continue the path my character had taken from the very beginning of the game, concerning a certain wall ... :wall:

Of course it speaks volumes about the quality of the story in general that I could get so frustrated about a "minor" detail, but then again if it hadn't been so engaging I wouldn't have cared about the cop out at the end :)

At any rate, as long as Obsidian aren't solely responsible for the engine but are instead using a leased one, then I have no qualms about this …

As far I know they're using their Onyx engine which was originally built for the Aliens RPG. Who knows, they might do better with their own technology rather than having to adapt someone elses.

What's with all the references to Dungeon Siege 1 as if the second game which, by the way, addressed every single point of criticism from the first game, didn't exist?)

*Every* single point of criticism? Really?

*Every* single point of criticism? Really?

Pretty much yes.

Of course if the point of criticism was that Dungeon Siege was Action RPG and not solitaire, then that obviously would still be a problem in the sequel ;)

It has been quite a few years since the first game was released and the sequel as well so I can't rule out that something has slipped by this old dog's semi-attentive stare :)

Back
Top Bottom