NWN2 - Dark Waters 1 Mod Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There isn't a huge number of quality adventure mods for NWN2, so I thought it might be worth highlighting the recent release of Dark Waters 1: Highcastle, the first of a new series from Adam Miller (Hall of Fame, Shadowlords). The comments at NW Vault include some criticism, so they might be worth a read:
Dark Waters is set in a world on the edge of change, recovering from a war that flooded all but the highest peaks. The Gifted that once ruled with the power of their minds are long dead, leaving the ordinary folk to struggle to survive. Where once only science held reign, now magic and faith seep into the world, changing everyone they touch.

The story begins with a simple islander and their friends, coming of age in the shadow of an old mountain keep. When they find themselves trapped within, plans laid long ago are set in motion, memories of the past coming to life. They must find their way to freedom, though their journey will not leave them unscathed.
More information.

Well there isn't much game yet. You just need to talk to few npcs and set sail.
The overall quality of the mod is okay, it has even custom voice acting.
If this first part is any indication, the whole game will be story focused.
(I was shocked how I couldn't find any great swords or axes within the first minute of the game.)

I'll give it a try ... looking forward to seeing what all of the talented folks can do with this game!

TC will be running it this Friday, so we may drop in a short report afterwards!!

looks promising but i ran into bugs pretty quickly. i'll give it a bit more time for patching and then try again.

We started the mod this past Friday. Bugged up badly for us trying to get the entire party past the prologue and into the meat of the mod. It took numerous tries and 45 min of what should have been game time.
Our plan was to all play the mods prologue in Sp, get past that and start the main mod as a group. But it didn't want us all in one place. We did resolve it by entering the game one at a time, using the ingame modding tool to teleport, save character there and leave for the next guy. Once we all had a save character in that area we could meet there. Now we can play and let you know how the mod is. lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom