A religious puzzle: Stigmatas

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

What do you guys think about this. That journalist is well known in Australia is he part of a hoax? Is it pyschosomatic? Is it real?

1. Not watching youtube "documentary" crap, sorry. If there is a proper avi/mkv/mp4 download, link please.

2. Stigmas and stigmatas are a result of pscyhosomathic process (physical symptoms originating from mental or emotional causes). It's possible to get or treat such "wounds" artificially through mesmerism or through placebo.

3. The whole thing will never get a proper research as it's against every ethics to experiment on people in normal societies. This doesn't mean there are no ongoing experiments on people, it's just that parties who treat people like objects are not interested into this as it's hardly exploitable thing in military or economy.

1. Not watching youtube "documentary" crap, sorry. If there is a proper avi/mkv/mp4 download, link please.

parse the vid here:
http://keepvid.com/
use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEr6Vee83TU
its the 100 mb mp4
4th one down.

2. Stigmas and stigmatas are a result of pscyhosomathic process (physical symptoms originating from mental or emotional causes). It's possible to get or treat such "wounds" artificially through mesmerism or through placebo.

Have you got a link to this?

3. The whole thing will never get a proper research as it's against every ethics to experiment on people in normal societies. This doesn't mean there are no ongoing experiments on people, it's just that parties who treat people like objects are not interested into this as it's hardly exploitable thing in military or economy.

What represents proper research to you?

1. Vid parser is still youtube. You could also say install VSO downloader: same shit new wrapping.

2. No, sorry. The problem is I didn't keep them but I assure you, it's not vids of any kind. Just letters and pics.

3. Documented results that can be successfuly repeated anytime and anywhere and are not silly TV shows like Myth busters who completely missed the point while "busting" pyramids myth.

1. Vid parser is still youtube. You could also say install VSO downloader: same shit new wrapping.

What is wrong with youtube. This aired on aussie tv in the past and posted on youtube.

2. No, sorry. The problem is I didn't keep them but I assure you, it's not vids of any kind. Just letters and pics.

So there is no resource out there where i can see or read to see hwo you came to your stance on the subject? Doesn't that negate your point? Atleast in this thread?

3. Documented results that can be successfuly repeated anytime and anywhere and are not silly TV shows like Myth busters who completely missed the point while "busting" pyramids myth.

Unfortunately "miracles" even of this type cannot be anytime anywhere sort of thing due to the nature of "miracles". I mean i know someone who was dead for 30 minutes should have atleast had brain damage come back without even brain damage(though she still has trouble walking), i cant exactly expect that to be replicated.

I don't (can't) watch all aussie tv networks so dunno. From documentary shows made in Australia I remember watching on CBS Reality some show about missing people and it's great. But it's still not youtube.

My point is an opinion of a random person based on writings and photos. I'm not a scientist on the pursue for myseries of a human brain. It's just I don't keep links and am too lazy to search for materials.

About brain damage and time spent "dead" it's still unclear if the damage is caused by lack of oxygen or blood not circling for too much of time or perhaps both. Because of newborns with cerebral problems caused by lack of oxygen or too much of acohol we just assume same effects on a grown person that was clinically dead for a while. Also it's unclear how exactly a brain gets functions back after a stroke, a person who has trouble walking or talking can actually recuperate at least partially. Don't ask me for links. :)

And I do believe in miracles. It's just that I additionally believe you need to "work" for one. "What goes around comes around" thanks to a collective consciousness.
In case you've missed it, it's stated in my sig for ages.

Unfortunately "miracles" even of this type cannot be anytime anywhere sort of thing due to the nature of "miracles". I mean i know someone who was dead for 30 minutes should have atleast had brain damage come back without even brain damage(though she still has trouble walking), i cant exactly expect that to be replicated.
Miracles are in-compatible with the free will principle Damian.

'Free Will' as such, doesn't really exist. I much prefer to use the term 'freedom of choice' as it is far more accurate!! :)

I agree Corvin, but miracles are in-compatible with your definition either :)

In what way? Perhaps we have differing definitions of miracle!! :)

Miracles are in-compatible with the free will principle Damian.

It is still free will as long as God doesnt forcibly change your will. Ie you can make any decision you want but God still has the right to kill you.

Like dte once wrote, I'm trying to apply logic to the argument about something illogical (or magical) but:
1 - by the every definition miracle has supernatural causes so it compels one into forced acceptance that a supernatural agency exists.

2 - miracles are also against "omni" principle of a deity since they are late amends to a script. To be expected from the fallible human beings but from an "omni" deity? Unless 1 of course.

@Damian - doesn't hold water I'm afraid. Who would not accept that supernatural agency exist when faced by an honest to God miracle? And, since this supernatural agency has a power to reward and to punish, the choice is (unless one is an idiot or a terminal masochist) kind of obvious…

Last edited:
2 - miracles are also against "omni" principle of a deity since they are late amends to a script. To be expected from the fallible human beings but from an "omni" deity? Unless 1 of course.

The bible has an answer to that. God is outside of time. So God created the script at the start. Phrases like "he knew you before you were born" alludes to it. Also they are not late amends even if not because they are not corrections, they are interventions when asked. A major difference.

Deus ex Machina? How corny! And it brings all sorts of problems as well. Like why intervene in some cases but not in others? Like the cases of congenital and genetic disorders?
And you say that it doesn't violate freedom of choice (free will) principle.

Deus ex Machina? How corny! And it brings all sorts of problems as well. Like why intervene in some cases but not in others? Like the cases of congenital and genetic disorders?

This is one of those things that i dont have an answer for.

And you say that it doesn't violate freedom of choice (free will) principle.

I dont see how you went from your previous statement to this. Does one persons free will interfere with another persons free will?

This is one of those things that i dont have an answer for.
Bible does. It's called "inscrutability". Nice "Get out of Jail" card isn't it?

I don't see how you went from your previous statement to this. Does one persons free will interfere with another persons free will?
You say that seeing my neighbor resurrected shouldn't affect me in any way?

Last edited:
You mean a sane person will still say "Fuck it! I'd rather be damned"?

You mean a sane person will still say "Fuck it! I'd rather be damned"?

1. They can and have.

2. I dont see how that is related to free will. If you are saying that a person no longer has free will when the choices are clear, i think it i silly. Because it is like doing a test. You know the answer but you still have the choice to make errors if you wish.

I keep repeating "SANE". No sane person chooses the eternal damnation over the eternal bliss.

Back
Top Bottom