Final Fantasy XIII coming to Xbox 360

Considering FFXIII was developed for blue-ray, it's going to be a scaled down product indeed.

Considering FFXIII was developed for blue-ray, it's going to be a scaled down product indeed.

I'm pretty sure all they have to scale down is the resolution of the movies(which I believe FF will have plenty of). I've noticed that cinematics and stuff like that usually take up most of the disk space for most games.

I'm pretty sure all they have to scale down is the resolution of the movies(which I believe FF will have plenty of). I've noticed that cinematics and stuff like that usually take up most of the disk space for most games.

There'll be no noticeably big difference between the two versions. FF was released on several discs before, so the only difference is hat it would be more than one DVD on the xbox360.

FFXIII on PC... Interesting.

That there havn't been a good FF game since VII is not true. Both FFVIII and FFIX were great, the mechanics in VIII was worse than VII but IX have the best mechanics between VII-X-2.

I still do not have any good reason to buy an XBox 360. There are a couple of exclusive games worth considering a PS3, but no exclusive game to make it worth considering an XBox 360. The games I want on XBox 360 are available on PS3 as well, but not the other way around.

Thanks for posting that link. Somehow I smelled a rat when I read the comments for the earlier "news" in evil avatar.

It's a shame this happened to be just false rumors though. FFVII, FFVIII and FFXI were released on PC, so it wouldn't have been the first game in the series to appear on PC.

Heh thats kind of good news. One gamer allready happily told me that he could get it too now that it comes to pc. I almost wanted to correct him that he meant "he could warez it" not "buy it". But so much for that freeloading now.

It's a shame this happened to be just false rumors though. FFVII, FFVIII and FFXI were released on PC, so it wouldn't have been the first game in the series to appear on PC.

I dont even consider FFXI as part of the series.
Final Fantasy VIII for the PC is a completely inadequate conversion of the attractive yet problematic console role-playing game.

But as it stands, there's no reason anybody should opt for the PC version of Final Fantasy VIII over the original, if only because the PlayStation game looks and sounds so much better.
Its just better to get the console versions.

I had the PC version of FF VII until I recently sold it for a surprising amount on Ebay. It was an extremely buggy port and really not worth having if you have the original. There were a ton of problems trying to run it under any OS newer than Windows 98, and the CD music from the original was replaced with MIDI.

If one intends to run a game that was released on PSX and later ported to PC, one is better of using a PSX emulator like ePSXe than running the port. This applies to games like FFVII-VIII, Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider etc. Even games that were ported to PSX (like Alone in the Dark II) are better on ePSXe. Better control options, more stability and better graphics and sound.

ePSXe actually had a recent upgrade... after like four years or so. :) But I have finished the games I wanted to play already.

Back
Top Bottom