Started to play Night of the Raven again

max killen

Watchdog
I have been playing Morrowind for such a long time (I have over 100 mods running) that I've got out of the loop when it comes to RPG games. I was recommended Risen as a pretty good RPG and I started to play the Demo and it looked like a lot of fun; so I stopped playing the Demo and bought the game. Before I started the game though, I tried to load Gothic on my PC (Windows 7). No way could I get it to load; so I tried Gothic 2 and was able to load that. So I figured why not try to load NOTR also. I finally got it loaded and started playing it today. I had forgotten how linear the "non-linear" game is. You have to do certain things in order or it will mess you up later in the game.

But you know what? It is still a fun game. Luckily (Or unluckily) my memory is shot, so it is almost like playing a new game again. After a couple of hours of play, I am back to the start after screwing up several times.

I would have liked to been able to play the original Gothic first though and seeing the "Swamp Witch" again. Oh well, it is not meant to be

Since my hiatus from Gothic, I just discovered that there is an additional addon for Gothic 2 NOTR, called Valeya, Tale of the Warrior; or something close to that. Has anyone tried that game?

Velaya is actually a mod which lets you play a new storyline as a woman.
Velaya - Tale of a Warrior is a modification for Gothic 2 - Night of the Raven. It tells the story of Velaya, a young woman, who is leaving her mark on Khorinis, shortly after the nameless hero leaves the island.
Link

Max,

I was just able to get Gothic to work on Windows 7. I posted my solution in the Gothic 1 forum. Maybe it will help!

Oldboy

oldboy,

Thanks for reply and the thread on how you were able to get Gothic 1 to work on Windows 7.........but; I have the 32-bit windows 7

Since my hiatus from Gothic, I just discovered that there is an additional addon for Gothic 2 NOTR, called Valeya, Tale of the Warrior; or something close to that. Has anyone tried that game?

Yes, I have played it twice. (I liked it that much)It's a complete new game set in the original world space and is basically a sequel to the original. Expect about 40 hours of gameplay. The only thing is that the voice acting is in German with English subtitles. This is not a problem for me but I know some don't like that sort of mix.

"Valeya" is the best german mod next to "Piratenleben".

Back
Top Bottom