Diablo 3 - Projector Director Jay Wilson Stepping Down, Not Leaving Blizzard

aries100

SasqWatch
From Gamasutra and Kotaku come the news that Jay Wilson, Project Director for Diablo 3, steps down from his post at Blizzard. He is to move on to another project at Blizzard.
Here's a quote from his post at the Battle.net forums.
Over the course of the next several weeks, I will be moving off of the Diablo III project and transitioning elsewhere within Blizzard. This decision was not an easy one for me, and not one I made quickly, but ultimately it's what I feel is right......
To that point, you shouldn't be surprised if you see a job posting for a game director on Diablo III, as we want to make sure we explore every opportunity to find the best possible leadership for the project. We're looking forward to finding this person and hearing what kind of fresh ideas they can bring to the table.
More information.

My God, I hope there was fire and pitchforks involved, and shame, lots of shame.

Hey, I'm available to be project director.. First order of business..

Re-write the entire character generation/level system.
Create a very random 100 level super dungeon.

Wish he would of been fired. Cant put all the blame on him though.

He is probably working on Diablo 4. I can see it already be prepared for something worse that still will sell millions.:disappointed:

I'm not available - but I'll gladly write a document detailing exactly what was wrong with Diablo 3 - and some pointers on how to make it perpetually interesting :)

I'm available too, I'll just bring my copy of Diablo 2 with me and tell them I want this with a bigger inventory and better graphics, that should do.

This.

And I'm still waiting for the third Diablo game.

scary thought, blizzard might escape the black hole its heading to. I have so much hate and disgust, like a communist for a rich slob

I went here wanting to suggest that surely there are several people here on the forums that would be willing to fill the post, but they already presented themselves. Well, good luck at your new job! ;)

Wish he would of been fired. Cant put all the blame on him though.

He is probably working on Diablo 4. I can see it already be prepared for something worse that still will sell millions.:disappointed:

He's probably not working on Diablo 4. He is probably not being fired because he is still under contract. The hard decision was likely take a small buyout offer or help out with this project where you won't be the lead.

Hehe, yeah, he kinda brought that upon himself. Probably not a very pleasant situation to be in - and I think he's doing the right thing now.

AFAIK, he was involved with Company of Heroes and that's my very favorite RTS of all time - so he can't be all bad.

I simply don't think he understood Diablo, that's all.

AFAIK, he was involved with Company of Heroes and that's my very favorite RTS of all time - so he can't be all bad.
Word.

Truth of the matter is that it's never as simple as it looks from the outside, especially in a company the size of Blizzard with the amount of $$'s riding on D3. While I didn't like Jay's "we know what's fun for you" attitude in a lot of his posts and interviews, I won't begin to pretend I know with any certainty that he was solely, let alone even mostly, responsible for all of the big missteps.

I suspect “fuck that loser” will never stop haunting Jay…for better or worse. Just ask John Romero on how he would make you his bitch comment.

Imagine his retirement party with a cake with the letters.;)

I suspect “fuck that loser” will never stop haunting Jay…for better or worse. Just ask John Romero on how he would make you his bitch comment.

Imagine his retirement party with a cake with the letters.;)

Haha but that Romero thing wasn't even a comment, it was a slogan for a whole ad campaign.

Lol, maybe Blizzard should rehire David Brevik who was the target of that quote, and then he could become Wilson's boss and get to "lose that fucker" so to speak.

Is David Brevik the person after the Taris area within SWTOR is named ?

Back
Top Bottom