Gothic Something irrelevant

Dez

Man with the hat
Original Sin 2 Donor
It struck me while I was having a coffee break. There are five shamans, five hearts, five demonlords, five swords, five focus stones, five obstacles hero has to face (troll, snappers, orcs, undeads. harpies). and most of all FIVE camps. old, new, sect, orc and bandits camp. In addition the chromanin quest had five normal books if i'm right? (sixth had a nasty surprise) What about ulumulu? Didn't the orc ask five different throphies? Also There were five ore barons (gomez, bartolio, raven, arto and Scar) etc.. I'm sure there are more... :)

Is there a pattern or has someone put something in my coffee? :D

Why the number five is so important for pb/ in gothic world? Only thing which doesn't fit in is the number of mages.

Last edited:
Okaaaaay ... Jim Carey is an ACTOR ... right? It's all make belief.

"23" is a movie and it shouldn't be taken seriously. It isn't real, so just let go of the conspiracy theories and the number coincidences, have some more coffee and go home and take a long relaxing shower.

Oh and by the way: I've would suggest you don't watch "Pan's Labyrinth" before you've seen a shrink and been put on medication ;)

Actually, the creators of Lost and Alias have been using numbers for a while now for their shows. I don't know the exact numbers, but numbers do show that that the creators sometimes don't do everyting coincidentally.

I don't think PB really meant for everything to be 5, but it is possible that they did.

Well, they might have put some thought in it actually...
Maybe they simply like pentagrams and thus the number 5.

In general you'll see prime numbers used in many games, books, myths etc. A prime number is a number that can only be divided by 1 or itself. Example: The number 11 can only be divided by either 1 or 11, or it would result in a number with a decimal, hence it is a prime number. The number 6 can be divided by 2 and 3, in addition to 6 and 1, hence it is not a prime number.

The most commonly used prime numbers are 3, 5, 7, 11 and 13. You'll also see 17 quite a bit, but not as much. Higher numbers are rarely used, unless in math obviously.

Fatbastard: thanks for the warning :greengrin:

Maylander thanks for the great info. It makes sense. I quess it was so self-explanatory i couldn't see it. Yup those numbers seem to be very common in literature, films etc...like seven samurai, three musketeers..

Nameless hero: I hope you are right!

Dez, are you the same from WoG?:D

About the Ulu-Mulu quest, there were only 4 things to obtaion : the teeth of a swampshark, the tusk of a troll, the horn of a shadowbeast and the tongue of a fire lizard. And the obstacles the hero has to face are more than those : you forgot Xardas' Golems, Baal Lukor, Cor Kalom and all the fanatic sect brothers, the Old Camp's guards, minecrawlers and the list could go on.

Apart from that, it's all pure coincidence.:D

... your post is completely unrelated with the thread Disturbed...

anyway I hope for Gothic 5 even if Piranha won't do it !!!

Gothic 4 is on construction already :D

anyone that likes the Gothic series and had a great time playing the games

EDIT: TYPO

Back
Top Bottom