Fallout 2 - Restoration Project v2.0

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Killap has released v2.0 of his Fallout 2 Restoration Project, overhauling all the additional dialogue, restoring even more content and fixing 100 original bugs along the way:
The monumental day has finally come. Some of you lost hope; many patiently stuck around to the end. The beyond long awaited 2.0 release of the Restoration Project is at hand. This is a MAJOR release, which boasts overhauls to nearly all aspects of the content already in the mod. In addition, the eagerly awaited addition of the Shi sub can now be enjoyed, as well as several other minor/moderate new content additions. It seems like we're finally running out of cut content to add. Of course, no release would be complete without a slew of bug fixes to ensure a stable and enjoyable playing time. Not only were bugs fixed in the mod, but nearly a hundred bugs have been squashed that were in the vanilla version of the game and were not yet fixed by my unofficial patch. To me, this release is what I wanted version 1.0 of the mod to be. I'm extremely proud of what has been accomplished and ever so grateful to those who helped make it happen. It only took me about 2 1/2 years to get here. [...]
A sample from the notes:

Major Changes:
--------------

• Complete dialogue overhaul for every RP location and character

The dialogue in the RP often left much to be desired and it never quite fit with the rest of the vanilla dialogue. Well, this should no longer be the case and nearly all the dialogue at RP locations has been rewritten and should seamlessly fit into the rest of the game. A big thanks to community member Dravean for his help in this area.

• Kaga Redone

Kaga has been completely overhauled to be more true to his original intent. His encounters are no longer scripted sequences and nor are they forced. Kaga's encounters are just like normal encounters, but deadly ones at that. You'll get some dialogue to go along with it too, but it has completely been rewritten.

• Complete overhaul of the EPA

This location has been completely redesigned to be bigger and better than ever - new map, new dialogue, new quests, new secrets, etc. A big thanks to Pixote for his awesome mapping and graphic skills.

• 3 new recruitable npcs available

To go along with the EPA overhaul, there are now 3 npcs that can join you which are found there. The one you get depends upon the skills you have chosen to develop.

• Improvements to every RP location

Not only has the dialogue improved at every RP location, but the quests have also been altered. The quests at these locations have been improved and new ones have even been added.

• Shi Submarine

Sailing to the Enclave no longer requires just fixing up the Tanker. The undead guardian of San Francisco is preventing anything from entering or leaving the harbor and something has to be done about it. This content has finally been realized thanks to the beautiful graphic work of community member Continuum.

• Improved maps

Both vanilla and RP locations look better than ever thanks to help of community member Pixote.

• Vertibird is no longer flyable to the Enclave, but...

You no longer can fly a vertibird to the Enclave, as there really wasn't enough evidence supporting the intent of this. It didn't even make sense logically - how could everyone from your tribe, etc fit on board? However, evidence instead points to the intent for the player to stowaway on a vertibird during the Salvatore-Enclave transaction. Thus, in much the same way as the player could get to the Military Base in F1 at an earlier time than usual, the same concept is now possible in F2. The chance of survival is slim, but it's not impossible.
Head to the thread at NMA for the full details and installation links. Not an April Fool's joke, by the way. Thanks, Toni!
More information.

So... necro and all that... but I was thinking of revisiting 1 & 2 after many a year. Has anyone tried out the Restoration Project? Tim Cain was mentioning the Abbey of Lost Knowledge in his latest vlog and I saw that this mod restores / creates this location.

Any bugs? Any instances of additions not "feeling" right for the game?
edit: seems it's been taken over by a separate group via github.

Last edited:
I've no idea about the restoration project, yet I replayed both of these marvelous games about seven years ago, and had an excellent time with both of them.

Back
Top Bottom