The TV Series discussion thread

So, Colin Farrel in the second season of True Detective.

Yuck.

It gets even worse…

Farrell is only the first of four rumored leads to officially confirm his involvement with two other actors, Taylor Kitsch and Vince Vaughn, still in the mix but not confirmed. Kitsch would play another detective investigating “the bloody murder of a corrupt city businessman found dead the night before a major transportation deal” and Vaughn would play a shady businessmen at the center of the corruption.

Um…yeah. Suffice to say, I won't be watching it.

I like Farrel and Vaughn just fine, and I'm not really familiar with Kitsch.

Based on the first True Detective season, there's no way I won't give the second one a shot. I don't care who's in it, the writing was just that good.

It gets even worse…
Um…yeah. Suffice to say, I won't be watching it.

I refused to watch 1st season because of Cheers actor.
The second season, if he ain't in, I'll watch.

Yuck.

At first glance that is disappointing. However, I definitely would have thought that upon hearing Matthew McConnehy (sp?) was in the first season. Prior to True Detective I really hated him. As it turns out, I really liked his character. Hopefully the same will happen with Colin Farrel. He was, after all, good in 'In Brugges'.

This reminds me of a friend I had in college that didn't like Genesis classic rock songs because at some point Genesis had Phil Collins in it, and Phil Collins much later made a song called 'Susudio' that he hated, therefore, he hated anything related to Genesis.

If after 'Natural Born Killers', Zombieland and even his 'Hunger Games' roles, all you see is 'that Cheers guy' ... then HE is not the problem.

I don't even know cheers so no problem o.

Started watching suits (on netflix, like it a lot) and it is excellent. Can't stop watching. Though I do get tired watching those guys work 12 hours a day

Yuck.

Sure, but wouldn't you have also have said yuck to Matthew McConaughey prior to seeing him in season one? An actor can rise above his origins.

original.jpg

And Colin Farrell has already done some good work — In Bruges was great.

If after 'Natural Born Killers', Zombieland and even his 'Hunger Games' roles, all you see is 'that Cheers guy' … then HE is not the problem.

Woody Harrelson was great in all those, but I like him most in Hunger Games as far as those films go.

Sure, but wouldn't you have also have said yuck to Matthew McConaughey prior to seeing him in season one?

No. I wasn't a big MM fan, but he did have movies like Frailty, Reign of Fire, etc.

Tbh, I was more skeptical about Woody Harrelson.

Woody Harrelson was great in all those, but I like him most in Hunger Games as far as those films go.

I really liked the character he played in No Country for Old Men despite how brief it was.

True Detectives season 1 was pretty good, though slightly disappointing with the ending. Woody Harrelson was actually pretty good, both characters were interesting and I think the actors did a bang up job. The overall feel and sense of mystery of the story was good and I'm looking forward to season 2.

I don't even know cheers so no problem o.

Started watching suits (on netflix, like it a lot) and it is excellent. Can't stop watching. Though I do get tired watching those guys work 12 hours a day

Been watching Suits since it began; it's excellent as are all the shows from USA Network.

Gave up on the Strain - not very good at all. Shouldn't have expected more based on Guillermo's involvement. He's always been a hack and completely overrated to me.

Made it 10 minutes into 'Gotham' last night ... seems to have a good enough cast and production values ... but failed to get me over the 'why the heck am I watching this AGAIN?' factor ...

Gave up on the Strain - not very good at all.

Yeah, I've been watching it since the beginning, but I think last night's episode will be my last.

Whoever did the casting for that show should be blacklisted from televison. It might be the worst collection of actors I've ever seen.

It's a shame because the concept isn't bad at all.

I was wondering if downton abbey, sons of anarchy are any good. They have very good ratings but I know some people making fun of it.

And joker: knights of sidonia ?

Anyone watch Scorpion? Couldn't believe the plot holes, but it was fun in places. I'll watch it again next week. I didn't think Gotham was too bad; about what I expected.

True Detectives season 1 was pretty good, though slightly disappointing with the ending. Woody Harrelson was actually pretty good, both characters were interesting and I think the actors did a bang up job. The overall feel and sense of mystery of the story was good and I'm looking forward to season 2.

I think the reason why the movie actor Harrelson agreed to play in an ambitious TV show was that he had become type cast to weird characters. This was his chance to prove again how good an actor he really is.

Back
Top Bottom