After Reset - Kickstarter Now Live

I think it is too ambitious for a first product, so I didn't support. I also vastly prefer 1st person to top down if it's single character. FO3 and FNV beats Fallout 1 and 2 easily, at least in my book :)

The thing with kickstarter is you are trying to sell dreams and you actually need a marketing campaign that entices potential backers.
This is hardly what is happening here. Especially that many kickstarter backers are weary from getting scammed or backing a potential failed project.
Yea it's cruel but that is the reality here. You need someone who can sell the product in order to suceed. If you want big money, otherwise lower your goal (kickstarter and game project).

Pro tip:Don't commit public suicide by supporting your minority supporters openly on a public forum.That said, the Watch is a very small site, so it's probably not a big deal. But if you want to advertise your game elsewhere, it's not a good approach at all.Trust me :)
Thanks man. I completely agree: that goes well in my furniture business as well as the same rule is learned from PR experience. But… as I said I do that game not for money, but for soul. So I do not give up on someone just because he/she is minority. Especially if that person supports us. Do not forget that every rules majority of people obeys during their lives was written by the minority.

…You need someone who can sell the product in order to suceed.
Could you recommend someone?)

If you want big money, otherwise lower your goal (kickstarter and game project).
As s person I've got sufficient money from my furniture business so I don't want preying on gamers like myself. As a creator and gamer I don't wan't to create and/or play one more unfinished trash…

So $900k is not about "how much I want" but about "how much does such a game cost". Why did I launch that project? Because nobody else did.

I'm too tired of waiting.
I waited for KOTOR 3 and got SWTOR :(
I waited for Balder's Gate and got "Enhanced Edition" :(
I waited for Diablo 3 and got… *facepalm*
When Wasteland 2 was announced I put the question "will it be like unreleased original Fallout 3 (Van Buren)?" and received "no". That was the last drop. I do not want to play damn Commandos. I want to play R-P-G. So that game is for people who feel the same…

I think it is too ambitious for a first product, so I didn't support. I also vastly prefer 1st person to top down if it's single character. FO3 and FNV beats Fallout 1 and 2 easily, at least in my book :)

That's just some foolishness. New Vegas was a good game, but in terms of story and legacy, it doesn't come close to the first two titles.

Thanks man. I completely agree: that goes well in my furniture business as well as the same rule is learned from PR experience. But… as I said I do that game not for money, but for soul. So I do not give up on someone just because he/she is minority. Especially if that person supports us. Do not forget that every rules majority of people obeys during their lives was written by the minority.

If you think you can convince people that by "fist bumping" a minority supporter you're "not giving up on him" instead of merely promoting your own agenda - then I wish you good luck with that ;)

Could you recommend someone?)

Hey I can recommend a Marketing expert for Kickstarters, but he is not cheap.
I do have a lot of his most important info though. And I do SEO Optimization and online marketing.

Especially that many kickstarter backers are weary from getting scammed or backing a potential failed project.

The end of the year is nearing so KS will release their data on projects successes/failures for each type of products.

Before that, I will hang on forecasting that people got "weary from getting scammed or backing a potential failed project."

Back
Top Bottom