CD Projekt RED - The Witcher 2 Confirmed

Why are we making it personal, D++? :p
But seriously I never said anything about Blizzard milking their titles, I was very vocal about Blizzard ripping stuff from other IP's.

And I'm not really fond of the news really, they cancelled the console title that means that The Witcher 2 must be a hit, so there's a big possibility it might turn out too casual. I really hoped to see Madej as the lead designer of The Witcher 2.

Who cares what Blizzard does with their ripped universes but this is Wiedzmin, I really hope the story, style and etc of the sequel will be as much as possible simillar to the books.

Interesting stuff ... but I also really just hope they can capture what made the original great.

Why is that odd? Surely it'll be at next years E3 rather than this years.

Why would it be only at one E3? Why let the perfect opportunity to announce your game go by, only to then announce it via an internationally obscure magazine, guaranteeing the announcement will see significantly little coverage due to the backtrail of E3?

Just good PR sense.

Maybe E3 is just expensive ?

Remember guys that there was no Atari at E3 this year

Remember guys that there was no Atari at E3 this year

I'm not even sure Atari is guaranteed to be TW2's publisher, considering the state they're in. Don't know if any long-term deals get in the way of switching publishers, tho'

Maybe E3 is just expensive ?

Yes, that's probably it. And that's why it's a bit worrisome. Not very. Just a bit.

I always get a kick out of people who talk about Blizzard "ripping" off other's ideas. The fact is that Blizzard has accomplished what most other developers\publishers have not, consistently releasing quality titles.

I always get a kick out of people who talk about Blizzard "ripping" off other's ideas. The fact is that Blizzard has accomplished what most other developers\publishers have not, consistently releasing quality titles.

That...doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not they rip off others for their gameworld and/or gameplay ideas, tho', does it?

I don't see how it's worrisome they weren't at E3. I wouldn't pay for E3 in their shoes. One title, probably very early in development, likely without an international publisher signed? You sound determined to paint CDP as close to collapse, rather than simply being too early to show at E3 for a (probably) late 2010 release.

No idea. Since he's external (right?) I don't think any of this impacts whether or not he'll be hired, so I'd assume yes, but I really don't know.
Wait a minnute... You don't know who he is, and what is Platige?
You're not from Poland then. Anyway, official site with amazing and award winning animations:
http://www.platige.com/

You sound determined to paint CDP as close to collapse, rather than simply being too early to show at E3 for a (probably) late 2010 release.

Oh yes. I called it "a bit worrisome" and "kind of odd". I must be filled with grim determination to paint off CDP as close to collapse, nevermind that I actually stated in this thread that as far as my sources go the chances of TW2 getting out the door are good.

You don't think this is a bit of a tepid manner of announcing the game? If I were them I'd have either waited until the E3 hubbub died down completely or make an announcement at or via E3, not necessarily showing the game there. I realise their main market is in Poland, but you can hardly call this apt PR.

Wait a minnute... You don't know who he is, and what is Platige?
You're not from Poland then.

No I'm not. Not sure why you'd think I am. I looked up that website when you mentioned him, tho', which made me conclude he's an outside hire, which means that whatever the detail layoff-wise inside CDP:Red it doesn't impact the chance of him getting hired again smaller or greater.

Trade shows can be expensive to attend and aren't always productive (just ask BioWare). I'll go out on a limb and predict that "The Witcher 2" won't go unnoticed when it's ready to launch, despite this.

While this is great new I'm a bit worried (after reading BN's posts) that our chances to play a game as great as the 1st Witcher are rather slim.
:(

That...doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not they rip off others for their gameworld and/or gameplay ideas, tho', does it?

I...didn't say it did, now did I? Not that they've ever "ripped off" a "gameworld" anyways, but you're free to feel however you like .

Ripped-off is such a strong word, and people that have bias against Blizzard, aka Blizzard bashers, like to use it at every opportunity. The word is inspired by loads of other games and gameworlds, just like plenty of books/movies/games were inspired by books/movies/games. They were inspired by other games and took that idea, worked with it and made it their own. The fact that they always deliver top-notch games that are usually polished beyond belief is an amazing bonus, to their already cool and interesting gameworlds.

Heck, if you looked close enough you could find reason to call anything a rip-off of anything.

I...didn't say it did, now did I? Not that they've ever "ripped off" a "gameworld" anyways, but you're free to feel however you like .

I don't feel like that at all, I'm just saying: "they make good games" is not a relevant response to "they rip other people off", so there is no reason to point out they consistently make good games related to cracking up at claims of ripping off (God what a mangled sentence). Your post did in fact seem to indicate you think as much, but I might be misreading.

I don't feel like that at all, I'm just saying: "they make good games" is not a relevant response to "they rip other people off", so there is no reason to point out they consistently make good games related to cracking up at claims of ripping off (God what a mangled sentence). Your post did in fact seem to indicate you think as much, but I might be misreading.

Whether or not it's a relevant response, in your opinion, doesn't matter... since it wasn't addressed to you in the first place.

So sorry to say I found The Witcher to be terribly mediocre at best. Third rate philosophy, Junior High sex fantasies, twitch combat with "innovations" that amount to clicking when a sword flashes, and choices and consequences that apparently determine which red head you fuck...

Basically, there was nothing else out when this game was released. I played through it once since it was new and while I enjoyed most of the atmosphere, it certainly wouldn't make any "top" lists that everyone is so crazy about making these days. The fact that they wanted gratitude for releasing a glorified patch for free makes me questions why there's such fan devotion to this company. It's like the pride of Poland or something. Sorry, that's Ugly American talking right there.

Did anyone notice I have a new avatar? isn't it cool? Tell me it's cool. Also, Fallout 3 is a pretty bad game.

Back
Top Bottom