Witcher New Sapkowski book - Blood of Elves

The Witcher

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I went to the local bookstore today to finally pick up a copy of The Last Wish, and I was surprised to find 'Blood of Elves' has been released over here. For those of you who don't know, it's the follow-up to The Last Wish.

It's apparently a single work, as opposed to multiple stories like The Last Wish. I'll let you know what I think about it soon enough, I have an 11 hour flight tomorrow. :)

It's a first part of five book Witcher saga

Cool - have to check that out for our upcoming vacation!

<evil laugh>
You, foreigners, cannot have the joy of reading whole saga :devilish:

JDR13, Blood of Elves is a first tome of saga, although it continues story started in The Last Wish and it's not few short stories but beggining of one which is continued in 4 next books. What surprises me is that you haven't mention anything about book written between "The Last Wish" and "Blood of Elves" - "Miecz Przeznaczenia" (English translation would be "Sword of Destiny"). Did translators just skip it? If yes - that sucks, because readers won't get whole story and might get kinda confused.

Read it some few weeks ago. Enjoyed it. More than Last Wish, as I'm not a big fan of that style (little stories strung together).

Was sorry to hear that we're missing out on the bridge book between the two.

Blood of Elves has been out in English since 2008 already.

I think they' re busy translating some of the other books at the moment? But I don't think Sword of Destiny is out in English yet. I had actually read though, that Sword of Destiny is a standalone book, like The Last Wish is, and not a prerequisite for Blood of Elves, which incidentally, I had started reading some time ago, after having finished The Last Wish.

So you say the story of Blood of Elves follows on to Sword of Destiny, Konjad?

It actually just released in the US on May 1st of this year. I now have it in paperback and eBook on my iPod Touch ...

Back
Top Bottom