Blood Bowl Legendary Edition

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
A new Blood Bowl PC game will be released this year. It adds 12 races to the game.....12.......Now that is what I call an upgrade :D I'll probably have to buy the whole thing again, but for 12 more races it is more than worth it.

If you're interested you can check out the trailer here.

Supposedly owners of the standard or Dark Elf edition will be getting 30% off.

I am interested in this, but only if the multiplayer lobby was entirely redone. I ended up using Bloodbowldigital.com for leagues I participated in. The 'official' one was rather limited/buggy/frustrating.

Cheers for more races and stadiums!

Seems that dtp will be publishing it here . http://www.amazon.de/dtp-entertainm..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1286813972&sr=1-1

And now I wonder what's the difference between the "Collector's Edition" http://www.amazon.de/Koch-Media-Gmb..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1286813972&sr=1-4

and the "Dark Elf Edition" ? http://www.amazon.de/dtp-entertainm..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1286813972&sr=1-1

Plus, there is also a "normal edition" : http://www.amazon.de/Koch-Media-Gmb..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1286813972&sr=1-2

Sometimes I think : Less is more.

Games Workshop does not know what "less is more" means. It just confuses them and then they get grumpy. ;)

A new Blood Bowl PC game will be released this year. It adds 12 races to the game…..12…….Now that is what I call an upgrade :D I'll probably have to buy the whole thing again, but for 12 more races it is more than worth it.
Are you sure you're not confusing teams and races? There aren't enough (viable) races in the Warhammer universe for there to be 12 extra races. Everything I've seen has said 12 extra teams.

Might pick this up for my dad at some point. He has Blood Bowl, or at least had it, and this way he'll have the complete thing.

Ok then 12 new teams. Sorry about the confusion.

Been playing this game all weekend. The AI is still flawed, but I like the additions to the game. Haven't played Multi yet. They've added a new mode called story mode. Seems like an elaborate tutorial which could be improved upon.

Love the additions to the old teams as well, like the goblins now have a bomb thrower and a few skills that weren't there in the original. The Dump Off skill is fantastic. Wish they had that skill earlier especially with my squishy rats. If one of the runners gets hit while carrying the ball they can make a pass attempt to anyone within range.

I have the Dark Elves edition and am undiecided whether the new additions are enough to make me buy the game again. Granted it's not full price on Steam, but it's still a bit too much without a special discount for those already having the earlier edition of the game (which there seems to be none).

Skavenhorde, you say the AI is still flawed, hasn't there been any improvement to it at all? In the DE edition, the AI was quite appalling. IIRC, I could beat the AI pretty much every game once I got the ball rolling (pardon the pun) with my orc team, barring abysmal dice rolling or complete brain farts on my side (which do happen still - it's easier to blame the dice than your own stupidity when you lose ;)).

Give me an O! Give me an R! Give me a K (or C, eh, see what?)! What does that spell?! ORK! (No spells allowed in our games!) What? OORRRKKK!! What?! WAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!

I'm pretty sure there was a discount, it might just be unavailable due to the sale going on, or it was a time limited thing.

Skavenhorde, you say the AI is still flawed, hasn't there been any improvement to it at all? In the DE edition, the AI was quite appalling. IIRC, I could beat the AI pretty much every game once I got the ball rolling (pardon the pun) with my orc team, barring abysmal dice rolling or complete brain farts on my side (which do happen still - it's easier to blame the dice than your own stupidity when you lose ;)).

Give me an O! Give me an R! Give me a K (or C, eh, see what?)! What does that spell?! ORK! (No spells allowed in our games!) What? OORRRKKK!! What?! WAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!

The AI still does stupid things like dodging eveywhere. The Dwaves have calmed down a bit with their dodging, but not that much. There are other little quirks as well like I just fumbled the ball on my half and they had a skink right next to the ball that could have gone in for a TD, but they send in another skink to pick it up with no way of getting a TD that round (Turn 8) I see what the ai was trying to do and it brought in the cage around the ball, but it didn't need to even do that. I had no way of stopping that one skink.

It does seem a bit less brain dead than before even with my previous example. It's tougher to get the TDs, but I can still get them with my passing skaven team. Dwarves are definitely upgraded. I could steamroll over those guys in the previous versions, but this time they kept the score down to 2 - 0 where before I could get 3 or 4 sometimes.

Multiplayer is the way to go for tougher matches, but having said that I'm still playing the single player story game. Having fun too. Even though I'm winning a lot. If you love Bloodbowl then grab it when you have a chance. Just having all those different teams does make it more interesting. Like playing against khemri is difficult with all those 5str mummies. I still win, but it's definitely a bit harder.

Just a quick heads-up. Impulse has the Blood Bowl Legendary Edition on sale this weekend. Euro price being 9.99 €, which is a steal. BB is a fun game and easily worth 10 Euros in my book.

Teh linky: http://www.impulsedriven.com/bbowllegend

Back
Top Bottom