King's Bounty units morale and types for items and units

Dasale

SasqWatch
I have quoted that units and items has types (human, neutral, orc and so on) but didn't quote yet much use of this.

The only things I have quoted yet are:
  • Most non neutral or non undead units get a morale penalty if they are with an undead unit.
  • If your units are all Orc type then then all get a morale boost.
  • Few human units give a morale boost to few other human units.

What's more? And I wonder what influence has the items types.

For example if you have an item of type dwarf, and you are not using dwarf units the items moral will go down a lot, if the items moral reaches 0 you cannot use it anymore unless you fight the gremlins inside it, these fights could be hard and make you lose a lot of units, and you become game over if you lose it! ( instead of restrating in the castle )

Eeek I didn't take care of that, I suppose it's only for the "living items". Now I remember have read in the doc or in game help something about those items that could level up without a gremlins fight, but the reverse is true. Lol thanks you warned me on this.

And any more morale tricks for units or items?

EDIT: Is there any way to check the current morale of an item? For units there's the smiley but I don't see anything for living items.

Not all living items has it, if your item has moral there'll be a % on the item desc. If it reaches zero the item is useless until you defeat the gremlins.

Ok thanks so at this point I have few items I can improve through a gremlins fight but none like you describe.

When the morale gets to the point where a unit requires a gremlin fight, it will say something like "Terrible" and be unusable. You can choose to just retire or sell it, or fight it later when you're more powerful.

Also, I've noticed that if you have an elven item and you're killing demons or undead, for instance, that raises the morale, while fighting elven units will lower it. That is, sometimes you can take an item with low morale and go fight against it's enemies and raise it up to avoid a gremlin fight. And some items let you feed them crystals to keep their spirits up, but that's only good if you're not needing them for spells.

I just quote an item that will give a definitive int bonus if I wear it long enough, the item design seems to have get more focus than usual.

Is it normal that at this point of the game I haven't found yet any morale item?
At this point I didn't erase all in pirate area but made most quests, in fact all I got, and I'm searching to path to next area in the mines and wonder if a bit more experience is better or not before going further.

It can be very game specific, Dasale as everything is randomized. (I had a playthrough once where no one on any map sold royal snakes til I got to the demon lands.)You may have hit an instance where the morale items are scarce. Usually you'll run across one at a vendor by now even if you can't afford it yet. Or my memory could be faulty.

If you've done most of the Islands and the first area, you should be ready for the mines --just avoid the fights you can't handle and get the best units you can. :)

In fact I have done almost fully the first pirate area, but more opponents still around in second. Anyway yes I go further, it take me a while to find the path and see the escalator so I did some useless fights in the mines but I didn't lost too many units.

Through the next area I saw an item in shop with the morale thing.

When the morale gets to the point where a unit requires a gremlin fight, it will say something like "Terrible" and be unusable. You can choose to just retire or sell it, or fight it later when you're more powerful.

Also, I've noticed that if you have an elven item and you're killing demons or undead, for instance, that raises the morale, while fighting elven units will lower it. That is, sometimes you can take an item with low morale and go fight against it's enemies and raise it up to avoid a gremlin fight. And some items let you feed them crystals to keep their spirits up, but that's only good if you're not needing them for spells.
In practice I have plenty difficulty with most items with morale. They seem lower their morale quite easily but to raise it is quite complicate. The only items I succeed to rise morale are a King's Hammer by using a full army of dwarf and don't fight a single dwarf unit. There's also a shield (Paladin Shield) that I raised easily against undead. For this one I wonder how its morale can lower, perhaps by having undead in your army.

But for other items it's just a failure, that includes an Elven Crown, a Mantle of Wizardry, a Great Druid's Staff and a Tactics Treatise. It's weird but all are quite useful items and that's highly frustrating to have them and not be able to use them.

I can feed the Mantle of Wizardry with crystals to raise its morale but that's just an ugly trade. If you have notice what to do for each item some help would be welcome.

You're mixing item "races", which isn't a good thing as I remember. Just like having a party of 5 different troop types, you're going to have morale problems.

You think so? I'm not sure that is a problem with all items, clearly not for the Paladin Shield. For the King's Hammer I used a full dwarf army, not very efficient combination if you ask me but I was trying with the dwarf wife, some dwarf morale bonus and this weapon.

I don't mix non compatible types ie that lower each other morale.

Currently I'm sticking a bit with two elf items and there morale behave differently. But how, it's not clear.

There's ton of unclear stuff, for example let take the Great Druid's Staff: A sacred relic of the forest mages, the staff of the Great Druid is the symbol of highest wisdom and unity with the forces of Nature. Like its creators, this living staff abhors violence, and considers the life of every living creature invaluable.

Well if I consider this exact that means only undead can be fought or at least in a bigger proportion. Weird.

EDIT: I'm starting to dislike a lot those morale items, just frustration. Their morale are too sensible, that involve ton of units manipulation to adapt to new command level, use new units compatible and so on. For example I'm fighting some orcs but to keep diversity the game confront you Lutins with Butterfly, some orcs with wolves, it's a joyful garbage, ok for the diversity, but items morale don't match.

you can unequip the items before certain fights...... and if their moral reaches 0 you can always fight the guardians. However I have to admit I did not bother with these items, the game is easy enough on the impossible setting without them anyway.

Yes but changing your equipment set could involve different command level and oops you get troops you don't control anymore, or the different set don't match well current units and units manipulation is a full job in this game.

Well currently I'm doing xp farming so some challenge still here for me and in fact as the game progress I tend have to fight opponents that the game evaluate tougher.

Well I'll try use the items up they break this will involve a gremlins fight I already do for the staff, for the crown this will be more a problem I hope this won't be too tough. Those will bring some more xp after all.

I'll use this thread to collect the observations I did, as some people could want find by themselves how to manage the morale in items I'll put the notes in spoil.

• To increase the item morale: You need kill anything but dwarf type.
  • Item morale decreases when you kill any dwarf type units. Sacrifice untested, nor hypnotize to fake it's your units.

• To increase the item morale: You need kill any undead type unit.

• To increase the item morale: You need kill anything but Elf type units.
  • Item morale decreases when when you kill Elf type units.

• Item morale decreases when when you kill Elf type units or Animal type units or Plant type units, this seems to include Devilfish and/or humans. Unchecked for Beholders and Dragons.

• To keep the item morale unchanged: Not have learned the tactic skill level 1.
  • Item morale decreases when you have learned the tactic skill.

Quote I haven't done any double check of those observations. Also at this point for any condition listed there's perhaps other conditions required or not to get the same effect.

Back
Top Bottom