CRPG Addict blog

zzajin

innocent bystander
Someone is blogging as they "play every CRPG that has ever existed for the PC".

He's "following Wikipedia's chronology of computer RPGs by original release date" and is not cheating in anyway.

Someone is blogging as they "play every CRPG that has ever existed for the PC".

He's "following Wikipedia's chronology of computer RPGs by original release date" and is not cheating in anyway.

What list is that?

This is a really good blog actually. I was reading his Might and Magic entry and thought it was really well reasoned and I found the captions on the images quite funny. Thanks for posting about it.

Ahh. Finally we can reach a RPG definition everyone should agree upon: The set of games played/intended to be played by this blogger.

I see Diablo in there, hence, I would never agree to it. :)

What a serious waste of life....

He should kick his addiction instead.

I agree; it would be better spent actually playing the games he enjoy. That list is filled with rubbish, in addition to the gems we all love.

I agree; it would be better spent actually playing the games he enjoy. That list is filled with rubbish, in addition to the gems we all love.

Definitely.

Not that I like to butt into the lives of other people, but obsessively playing every RPG ever made strikes me as beyond stupid.

Why doesn't he just settle with WoW and work on every single achievement with every single character/racial combo.

Seems about as fruitful to me ;)

He even has a wife and kids! Go live with them!!!!

Agree.

Even if I'm PC gamer and RPG lover, I do NOT like all the RPGs released to PC. Actually, I can only name a dozen good ones that I can still play.

My, aren't we all judging from on high today...

There's no possible way he can get thru an era, let alone the entire list.

Perhaps if he didnt have a job or any kind of life, and could literally devote his entire days and nights to this grand quest he could do it. Otherwise, there's just no way.

There's no possible way he can get thru an era, let alone the entire list.

Perhaps if he didnt have a job or any kind of life, and could literally devote his entire days and nights to this grand quest he could do it.
Ahh. Options, options.

Otherwise, there's just no way.
Considering how fast some of you complete games, I'm not so sure about that.

Says Pibbur, who actually is a bit fascinated by the project.

Ahh. Options, options.

Considering how fast some of you complete games, I'm not so sure about that.

Says Pibbur, who actually is a bit fascinated by the project.

I think he could complete the games up into the early 90's in a reasonable period (2 years or so). One thing I noticed when I went back and replayed Ultima IV was how quickly I played through the game. Now, to be fair, I have played it before when it was new, but simply the increased speed of booting your machine, loading the game or an area, how quickly time passes, etc., I think I got through the game in about 8 hours, where as it probably took me close to 60 hours when it was new.

Now, newer games, mostly take the same amount of time as they did when released, so I could easily see him grining to a stop around the mid 90's.

Very entertaining - thanks for posting about this!

Back
Top Bottom