The Witcher 2 - Roundup #3

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here's a small collection of Witcher 2 items, mostly sent in by Zohaib.
First, the NeoGAF forums list four early, international reviews. I can't check most of them, so take these on face value.

• CD-Action - 9.5/10
  • PC-Action - Very Good
  • Pelite Magazine - 93%
  • JeuxVideo Magazine - 19/20
SegmentNext has:

Ripten looks at the "Uber" graphics settings.
More information.

I know why it's 9.5 and not 10, why 93% and not 100% and why 19 instead of 20.

They didn't have the test machine good enough to enable UberSampling! ;)

To bad there are a loot of issues with starting the game for CE users. First the patch was unavaible for few hours and then it ocuured that the game doesnt want to start at all or that CD keys do not work. Source ? The Witcher community board.

Last edited:
Dont mind CDAction review, it was a terrible review done by someone who doesnt have a slight idea wth is an RPG game and i wouldnt be suprised for even an Half Life 2 comparysion from them ;)

To bad there are a loot of issues with starting the game for CE users. First the patch was unavaible for few hours and then it ocuured that the game doesnt want to start at all or that CD keys do not work. Source ? The Witcher community board.

What? The game is released tommorow. How come they are allready playing ?

They are apparently promising a "unique gift" for holders of the collector's edition who experienced problems activating. I hope that extends to all CE users and not just the Polish ones. :p

My game hasn't even shipped yet... I'm still hoping for Wednesday maybe... The waiting is like torture by now. :p

My game hasn't even shipped yet… I'm still hoping for Wednesday maybe… The waiting is like torture by now. :p

If you did amazon's 99cent release-day delivery it should ship tonight sometime and deliver tomorrow. I use it all the time.

If you bought somewhere else disregard ;)

Game length is 24 hours? That seems a little light. I hope the reviewer means 24 hours to complete the main quest line. I was under the impression that it's roughly the size of the first game, 40-60 hours...

Game length is 24 hours? That seems a little light. I hope the reviewer means 24 hours to complete the main quest line. I was under the impression that it's roughly the size of the first game, 40-60 hours…

Its all how you play the game really. Are you person who has to complete everything or do you rush through the main quest.

If you did amazon's 99cent release-day delivery it should ship tonight sometime and deliver tomorrow. I use it all the time.

If you bought somewhere else disregard ;)

My CE from Amazon claims it was shipped already. Fed Ex overnight out of Kansas.

My GoG download is almost all set to go. I got a little over a hundred megabytes to download when they release it.

I broke down and bought the download. I'll grab the CE later as well. I'm not passing on that huge bust of Geralt. My painting reflexes have been twitching ever since I saw that. It'll be my first bust I've painted. Wonder how bad it'll look :D

I still would have preferred a dice box. That would have been the best CE EVAR!!!, but hey the sculpture isn't that bad either.

My GoG download is almost all set to go. I got a little over a hundred megabytes to download when they release it.

I broke down and bought the download. I'll grab the CE later as well. I'm not passing on that huge bust of Geralt. My painting reflexes have been twitching ever since I saw that. It'll be my first bust I've painted. Wonder how bad it'll look :D

You should post a picture once you have it all painted. I'm way too afraid to mess with mine after spending so much on the CE. I think I may put it on a shelf next to the Two Worlds II Cassara statuette and see what other crazy game knick knacks I can accumulate.

I just got the premium edition. The main things I like in CEs are maps, books and soundtracks. All of that stuff is in the premium edition except for the art book, which on its own is not worth $80.

International are mostly meaningless to me, anything from Germany even more so. Europeans taste seem to differ alot from Americans. There can be quite a different in average score between European reviews and U.S ones(and I almost always find my self agreeing with the U.S ones, TW2 for example).

I got the GOG version as well, and I also plan to buy a retail version later, but I'm gonna pass on the CE.

Back
Top Bottom