Two Hours With Two Worlds II

This definitely sounds like a "buy" to me, but I'm still heavily involved with FNV. I just reached 20th level and got the explorer perk. I had thought that I was being pretty thorough in my explorations until I looked at the map after getting that perk. I'm level 20 and I've barely been to half the locations in the game. Many of these are just little stops on the road, but I've missed what looks to be several large dungeons and even a town. It looks like I'm going to be here quite a while longer....

I don't care. I can't use both Direktx versions anyway.

Super duper super sweet

I've had a strange issue with looting from time to time, the chest won't load any icons and game freezes, but if you wait long enough it will eventually "suddenly work". Afterwords you have to reload though, as any npc nearby will have graphical anomalies on armor textures and face textures. Probably an ATI thing.

Guess we have to either hope for an expansion/patch or the mod community to fix that then :/

What did you fix? On a high-end system that is very stable for all other games, this one has given me fits.

And I agree — the more I play the more I like it. The design is excellent. But it seems I must be having a much more difficult technical time than most who have posted here. My graphics sould very different than other posts. I even went and loaded up Fallout NV and others to see if i had a system problem — they were sharp and smooth.

I checked my events and fount out everytime I crashed I was getting an ID 10 error. It turns out it's a random error code that can cause Vista systems at least to crash. There's a batch that can be run that stops the service that generates the error code and a folder that has to be deleted. since running the batch file and deleting the items in the folder I haven't had any crashes.

Map

In-game map (fully explored)

you can use cheats to get to the blank areas, but there's nothing there.

This game is a scam.

I don't know. Okay, they obviously used that map to exaggerate the amount of content available in the game, but how large is that explored part we're seeing there precisely? Just because we can't explore the full world as was "promised" by the world map doesn't mean that there isn't enough content.

I admit that I'm getting a bit scared with all the reports too, but I'm going to wait until I read a proper review before judging the game. We've seen that the game got some good reactions in Germany (though I think a lot of German reviews score the average RPG just a little too high), and it's hard for me to believe that it got such scores if the entire game was very low on content.

They said the map is 30% larger than TW1, it's obviously not the case (imo its lying taking into consideration the big MP map which you dont explore in SP).

The world isnt small maybe, but the main reason i bought it was because it seemed to be the biggest recent open world RPG, and it's not very open, and its not a huge map by any means. But whatever, i'll try to enjoy it for what it is ;)

They said the map is 30% larger than TW1, it's obviously not the case (imo its lying taking into consideration the big MP map which you dont explore in SP).

The world isnt small maybe, but the main reason i bought it was because it seemed to be the biggest recent open world RPG, and it's not very open, and its not a huge map by any means. But whatever, i'll try to enjoy it for what it is ;)

The world is big, I needed 11 hours (I'm at level 21) to explore the area around Hatmandor alone.

Map

In-game map (fully explored)

you can use cheats to get to the blank areas, but there's nothing there.

This game is a scam.

This post is a scam. The world is exactly the size they've shown us on the pre-release map. I'm only 10 hours into the game so far and managed to discover the whole Alsorna island and about 30% of Erimos island. Person whose screen save is shown above has just explored the coastline of Eikronas island + the swamps in the center.
The game says the distance from Alsorna to the center of Erimos is about 8.5 KM.
In fact I was expecting the game world to be huge, while you can easily see Eikronas island with Vahkmaar towers from Erimos.
I'd show you my own screen saves if only I managed to make them :(

This post is a scam.

Explain how or maybe wait until you've played more than i and other people have?

* Center of the biggest island cant be explored at all, this has been stated many times now by those who has finished the game and now also by the devs in the german forum. The center is MP only.

* The game isnt 30% bigger than TW1, its smaller.

* Devs said the main quest would take 30h, while many who has finished both main quest + many side quests has done it in 20h. Ok, it's expected they exagerate, but they said 100h with main + some side quests and exploring, it's not even close to that…

* There's at least 10 threads on zuxxez forums with people saying how disapointed they are with the game content after the first island and how short the game really is.

I'm level 21 and i can kill pretty much everything with 1 hit (polearm with 2 damage crystals and some nice stats), except a few enemies that i can kill by click-click-click (they never get a chance to hit me even once since every hit makes them a litte stunned or pushed back, so they can never charge at me, lol). Finished the arena without dying once (except for the last one).. pretty bad ballance..

being teleported back and drowned when you go out to explore is bad design in a "open world" game too..

Last edited:
Sorry, my response was too hasty and not well considered. Later on, I've come across the Zuxxez forum and found complaints you were writing about. Still, I can't believe it and hope those people are wrong; maybe there is a way to explore the whole main island, but people couldn't find it because they rushed through the main quest. I just can't imagine guys from RP would cheat all of us.
I'd say there's also another possibility: devs blocked off the island (as well as the support for directx 10/11) because off bugs/unfinished state. But then why would they hurry so much with the release? Why not postpone it like Southpeak did?
Or is the blocked part of the map available only in MP?

A dev responded in the german forum, it's for MP only.

you can cheat yourself to the centre, but there's nothing there.. (in MP it probably loads a different map than the SP one where this area instead has content).

kind of "smart" marketing i guess, its not like they're lying (game world is probably bigger than TW1 if you take the huge MP map into consideration).. a smart move to put it on the same map so they can show the whole continent as one map and people believe you can play SP there. People get kind of pissed off though so i dont know how "smart" it really is in the end ;)

First Arcania and now TW2. Two big disappointments; I'm starting to feel a little depressed about the state of the modern RPG. I wonder if The Witcher 2 will follow the same path - I hope not.

I guess it's back to G3 with Questpack for me.

First Arcania and now TW2. Two big disappointments; I'm starting to feel a little depressed about the state of the modern RPG. I wonder if The Witcher 2 will follow the same path - I hope not.

I guess it's back to G3 with Questpack for me.

I got depressed because i spent my last money (for the month) on this game lol + not exactly the only game i've bought recently that i'm never gonna finish. For some reason i decided to buy Borderlands + expansions and um, i hate that game. I hate my game buying impulses sometimes ;)

Back to WoW for me. Been away for like 2 years, the new expansion seems nice + nice new graphics (better water and more grass and stuff).. Must be one of the biggest RPG gameworlds out there now, love the level design in it, some of the best i've seen in a game + battlegrounds are really well made..

I've reached a statement of one of betatesters (a volunteer one) which says that Eikronas is indeed meant for MP mode, BUT the game really offers 20-100+ hours of playing. 20 if you do only the main story, that is around 50 quests. The rest of the game has about 150 other quests, so in overall it purportedly takes UP TO 100 hours. 100+ hours was probably meant for exploring the whole sea... So, Zuxxez didn't lie about the contents of the game except for not informing us that that huuuuge island is only for multiplayer.
I feel cheated. I'm not going to trust ANY other developer/producer ever again.

I've reached a statement of one of betatesters (a volunteer one) which says that Eikronas is indeed meant for MP mode, BUT the game really offers 20-100+ hours of playing. 20 if you do only the main story, that is around 50 quests. The rest of the game has about 150 other quests, so in overall it purportedly takes UP TO 100 hours. 100+ hours was probably meant for exploring the whole sea… So, Zuxxez didn't lie about the contents of the game except for not informing us that that huuuuge island is only for multiplayer.
I feel cheated. I'm not going to trust ANY other developer/producer ever again.

I can understand that you feel somewhat cheated, because I assume you were looking forward to exploring more part of the island, but I don't really see the problem here. If we are to believe the message you got from that betatester we're still talking about a game of considerable size right? He seems to imply that you can easily get 30 hours out of the game? That seems like a fine number to me.

The game obviously won't be 100 hours. I agree that it's not very proper for game developers to make such overstatements, but we live in a post-Fable world, so developers have learned that boasting/exaggerating leads to better sales. I usually apply my "divide by three" rule. I proves to be correct most of the time.

Anyway, my point is that while the developers may have made a lie (albeit an obvious one), that doesn't mean that game can be both lengthy and enjoyable in its own right.

I got depressed because i spent my last money (for the month) on this game lol + not exactly the only game i've bought recently that i'm never gonna finish. For some reason i decided to buy Borderlands + expansions and um, i hate that game. I hate my game buying impulses sometimes ;)

Back to WoW for me. Been away for like 2 years, the new expansion seems nice + nice new graphics (better water and more grass and stuff).. Must be one of the biggest RPG gameworlds out there now, love the level design in it, some of the best i've seen in a game + battlegrounds are really well made..

The new expansion doesn't come out to December right?

The new expansion doesn't come out to December right?

december 7th according to play.com.

@TheGameSquid, the game is pretty fun until you get the feeling you're immortal (first game had this problem too). Much better quality than TW1, but unfortunately not as open.. i cant stand that i cant explore how i wish.

Back
Top Bottom