Two Worlds - Impressions

I have done very little with the main plot, my 'sister' seems fine and the other quests are much more interesting. I'll rescue her later when I'm not so busy!! :)
That's the way i like to play it too :D "Sister" can wait, while i have whole world to explore, muahahaa :D

That's the way i like to play it too :D "Sister" can wait, while i have whole world to explore, muahahaa :D
My experience was that this method is a great way to find all of the dialogue and quests that assume you are also pursuing the main quest ;)

Just launched 2 worlds first time..uhm I spent half an hour trying to figure out how the quickbelt works. So I have only 3 spell slots? And whats the deal with quickkeys anyway. For instance I just figured out that there is no "sneak" button instead I have to map "sneak skill" to a quickslot...this for sure ain't the easiest interface I've seen..

Just launched 2 worlds first time..uhm I spent half an hour trying to figure out how the quickbelt works. So I have only 3 spell slots? And whats the deal with quickkeys anyway. For instance I just figured out that there is no "sneak" button instead I have to map "sneak skill" to a quickslot...this for sure ain't the easiest interface I've seen..

Yeah, it's tricky, to put it kindly. The default quickbar (F7) has a mind of it's own for the first 5 slots and the final 2. They are context dependent. So, for instnace, when you sheath your weapon, you'll discover that there are different skills available to you, such as the sneak skill. You'll also have a different set loaded up depending on if you have a bow, one-hander or two-hander at the ready. To make it even more confusing, all the skills you could use in a given context show up whether you have any points in the skill or not. The final two slots will change based on how much healing or mana the game thinks you might need to replenish. So, for instance, if you're at full health it might have a small pot in the health slot (9, i think), but if you're in a battle and losing lots of HPs, it might change to a med pot on the fly.

The other 3 quickbars (F8-F10) are yours to customize as you see fit.

The spell hotkey system is also funky. If you want to hotkey a spell that you aren't planning to carry in the amulet on the spell screen, you've got to trick the system by "equipping" the spell in the amulet, hotkeying it, and then unequipping it. I think this only works for the spell slots on the customizable hotbars as the default hotbar may only display what's in you amulet currently. Also, the downside to tricking the system is that any spell you have hotkeyed that isn't currently in the amulet looses any booster card bonuses and, I think, any stacking bonuses you had on it when you hotkeyed it.

Dizzy yet?

Good thing you only really need to use two spells (so you even get a free slot): Fireball and Overpower, I believe the names are. One increases the damage of your next spell many (many) times, and the other is, well, that next spell.

:p

Yeah, it's tricky, to put it kindly. The default quickbar (F7) has a mind of it's own for the first 5 slots and the final 2. They are context dependent. So, for instnace, when you sheath your weapon, you'll discover that there are different skills available to you, such as the sneak skill. You'll also have a different set loaded up depending on if you have a bow, one-hander or two-hander at the ready. To make it even more confusing, all the skills you could use in a given context show up whether you have any points in the skill or not. The final two slots will change based on how much healing or mana the game thinks you might need to replenish. So, for instance, if you're at full health it might have a small pot in the health slot (9, i think), but if you're in a battle and losing lots of HPs, it might change to a med pot on the fly.

The other 3 quickbars (F8-F10) are yours to customize as you see fit.

The spell hotkey system is also funky. If you want to hotkey a spell that you aren't planning to carry in the amulet on the spell screen, you've got to trick the system by "equipping" the spell in the amulet, hotkeying it, and then unequipping it. I think this only works for the spell slots on the customizable hotbars as the default hotbar may only display what's in you amulet currently. Also, the downside to tricking the system is that any spell you have hotkeyed that isn't currently in the amulet looses any booster card bonuses and, I think, any stacking bonuses you had on it when you hotkeyed it.

Dizzy yet?

a bit :greengrin:

But anyway thank you for the help :) its starting to make some sense. the spell slot design is just stupid though, otherwise I can live with it. And my first char is at lvl6 now.. I began developing a mage character, even bought a robe and staff, but if there are only 3 real quick slots for spells..maybe i should start over and creat a ranger type instead (sword&bow)? Has anyone been playing mage here? Corwin? Is it fun? :)

Yeah, but I'm playing a Battle Mage with armor, sword and shield. MAgic just softens up the crowd. Best spells are fire field and destroy undead, plus the powerup ones like concentration. Summons are pretty useless, except as a distraction; they don't seem to do much damage.

I decided to continue playing my first char nevertheless..and I'm glad I did because he is kicking ass..currently a grand master of firemagic at level 19, heheh... All those boars, wolves, bandits don't stand a chance against the fire magic..I hardly need to use any sidearm anymore which is kind of shame because my senior firestaff and lightning spear are both great weapons... :) Enemy archers are still very dangerous though as well as casters, but warriors get toasted in seconds! I have only made my travels in the north mainly helping the brotherhood, merchant's guild and the society (mages guild), I haven't even seen the capitol yet, but I'm sure things will get more dangerous there.. :)

I finally hit the south yesterday after about 26 hours of gameplay (according to my save games ).

So it seems pretty stable now, or is there another patch in the works?
Heh, which is less buggy, MotB or TW? :)

It's pretty stable, but there is yet another patch in the works. They released a beta of 1.6 to testers a couple of weeks ago. Can't say how it compares to MotB, but I've had no problems with 1.5 so far, and 1.6 will fix even more, so good times in my book. :)

I've read that MotB has quite a few bugs, so give them a few weeks to stomp them before playing!!

Ok, thanks chamr and Corwin. :)

Back
Top Bottom