Mass Effect - More DLC Coming?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
MTV has a small snippet of a conversation with Greg Zeschuk, which hints at more DLC for Mass Effect:
Multiplayer: We got our first DLC for the 360. People can expect there may be some more more coming?
Zeschuk: We’re talking about that. You know how we are. We’re always very circumspect until we can go “Aha! There it is!” With everything we build now, we want to have this long-term relationship with the customer and always have something for them to try. So we’re definitely looking at that for “Mass Effect.”
More information.

I would like to know how much time and money the last DLC "Bring down the sky" has cost. Is it something they can put together in one month, together with new voice acting and so on, or does it take longer? It doesnt seem to bring that much money, otherwise they would pursue it with more passion.

The latest pc patch had som new infrastructure for future DLC iirc so it seems obvious. Allthough they might have just needed it for the BDTS.

The good thing about DLC is that they profit more from it than the boxed releases. Digital distribution lacks the middleman that shaves 75% of the profits. The only bad thing about DLC is that it doesnt have the visibility of a boxed release. Theres a reason why big names put multiple boxes on the shelfs i.e WoW is sold in up to three different boxes in the stores.

Last edited:
The only bad thing about DLC is that it doesnt have the visibility of a boxed release. Theres a reason why big names put multiple boxes on the shelfs i.e WoW is sold in up to three different boxes in the stores.
Yes, but one small 90 minute addon doesn´t deserve a new box, right?
They could publish an addon-pack later, with all released DLCs bundled.

That depends. In the case of Mass Effect PC, the DLC is being given out free of charge (unless that changes for future releases). I highly doubt they would go through the trouble of ever boxing it for an addon-pack.

I was generally thinking abt bigger addons. I have never digitally bought any small addons to any game - I only buy big ones (2 of them just last week). But I guess big name like bioware would never release anything big just digitally.

Is it something they can put together in one month, together with new voice acting and so on, or does it take longer?

For BDtS, definitely longer. Working out the DLC development processes and trying to increase the scope of what we could do beyond a brute-simple UNC took, IIRC, three months, and pulled several people off Mass 2 preproduction for the last month.

Future DLC, assuming there are any (and I don't know what the plans are myself), would be shorter, since we know what does and does not work.

Back
Top Bottom