Age of Decadence - Steam Key Giveaway

It might be (censored). I almost messed that up as well. (Hopefully I didn't disqualify myself by pointing this out…)

Edited out as per Pladio's request.

Last edited:
Nope, but I would prefer if you edited that away :)

I will post the result and the winner on Monday probably.
I will add some stats and the correct answers.

I am not sure if I should release everyone's answers.
If this were a real commercial thing, I wouldn't, but since the questions are fictional and we are just talking about the game, I might.

If anyone has a problem with that, please let me know.

Even if I get just one objection, then I won't release anything other than stats.

Thanks for this competition. Nice to have one where you actually have to learn about the game and read the lore to answer the questions. Made it much more fun than most online competitions :)

The winner of the competition on the RPGWatch forums is Orakulum.

Congratulations.

I have listed below some key stats on the competition.

There were 49 people who completed the survey:
- 5 of which are members of ITS
- 16 of which completed all answers correctly.

"What is Zamedi ?" was the question with the most answers being incorrect.

"This tower is all that’s left of the ancient town called Zamedi,…" - Many people said "A tower", but it clearly states that it's an ancient town.
The number of correct answers on this question is 19.

Thank you all for participating.
I would like to encourage you to buy the game or at least try the demo out even if you did not win a key.

Kind Regards.

Pladio, shame on you to put a trick question! :p

j/k, people didn't read thoroughly obviously, but no matter. I didn't participate as I just want to buy the "damned" game. Demo... Pah, who needs that. ;)

Congrats Orakulum!

"What is Zamedi ?" was the question with the most answers being incorrect.

"This tower is all that’s left of the ancient town called Zamedi,…" - Many people said "A tower", but it clearly states that it's an ancient town.
The number of correct answers on this question is 19.
You should have asked:
"What was Zamedi?"

Town:
An urban area that has a name, defined boundaries, and local government, and that is generally larger than a village and smaller than a city.

Your question was incorrect. The correct answer to it would have been: "None of the above", since the tower is not called Zamedi too.

Anyway, nice giveaway!

You should have asked:
"What was Zamedi?"

Town:
An urban area that has a name, defined boundaries, and local government, and that is generally larger than a village and smaller than a city.

Your question was incorrect. The correct answer to it would have been: "None of the above", since the tower is not called Zamedi too.

Anyway, nice giveaway!

Yup, my reasoning went along those lines as well. I thought that "A Tower in the present" was the correct answer and "A Town" was the "trick answer" that only refered to the past situation.

Oh well, that aside, thanks for a nice opportunity

o_O

I think we're getting into semantics, but this is how I read it.
Zamedi is an ancient (i.e. : belonging to the very distant past and no longer in existence - first definition on Google) town in which there is a tower.

Anyway, it's too late now.

I would suggest trying out the demo though if you aren't sure of buying it. I think it includes the first town, which is probably around 15 hours of game time (4 backgrounds at almost 4 hours each) for most people. There are 8 backgrounds but some of them are not too different from one another.

I would suggest trying out the demo though if you aren't sure of buying it. I think it includes the first town, which is probably around 15 hours of game time (4 backgrounds at almost 4 hours each) for most people. There are 8 backgrounds but some of them are not too different from one another.

I played through the demo several times about 3 years ago. Have they updated it since then?

Zamedi is an ancient (i.e. : belonging to the very distant past and no longer in existence - first definition on Google) town in which there is a tower.
The right in-game description would be:
Zamedi was once a great town long time ago in the age of enlightenment. Now from this marvelous ancient town is left only a tower.

I, too, fell into the tower trap. Reading it again I see that the ancient town is Zamedi and there *also* happens to be a tower remaining there.

However if I come across NPCs referring to the tower itself as Zamedi I'm gonna come back and call shenanigans!

Congrats to the winner. :)

I, too, fell into the tower trap. Reading it again I see that the ancient town is Zamedi and there *also* happens to be a tower remaining there.

However if I come across NPCs referring to the tower itself as Zamedi I'm gonna come back and call shenanigans!

Congrats to the winner. :)

Haha. Let me know if you do :p

Back
Top Bottom