I lurked today thread.

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
We have tons and tons of people who don't really post but visit the site daily. I think it'd be neat if we just had a thread called "I lurked today" and people could just hit the thumbs up icon so that they're recorded as being here without actually having to type anything. I think it might be motivating to "those of us who post" to have a kind of head count for activity. Is this a good idea, or am I just being nutty? ;)

My thought is that if this is accepted, we would just start a new topic everyday called, "I lurked today 9/24/2014" etc. It would also be a good way to track someone who is tied up in real life isses and still visits the site, but doesn't have a lot of time to post.

I like it. :) Sometimes it's oddly quiet around here and it's strange (and kind of encouraging) to think that a lot more people are here than we realize...

well, I think a lot of the lurkers are not registered... so I think they cannot thumbs up? good idea otherwise....

I lurked the codex today on the Grimoire thread. I feel a little dirty, I need a shower now.

GothicGothicness has it right. It is not possible to implement :)

Sorry about posting in necro thread.

Been lurking a lot and been pondering a lot lately. It was sad to say bye to another long time member (DArt) and upset about the fact most of the forums I visit are mostly inactive. I know things change but can't help feeling sad that the *communities* I used to belong are no longer there.

This is the only place I visit everyday although I don't plunge into discussion a lot. I find it difficult to participate in discussions because games no longer excites me. I've recently left my job which I blame for my chronic fatigue and frustration, hoping it will bring back some of lost passions in my life, including gaming. I would like to actively participate in discussions, maybe write a review on games etc.

I think the key it keep this place active is interacting with others. Share your experience, opinions while be respectful to others. At the moment, I see lack of posts or heated discussion which quickly becomes personal.

Please continue posting everyone! Please keep this place active. I used to love reading everyone's opinion and sometimes even share their life story.

I see more active female members here now too. Girls, how about some good discussion on girly stuff in off topic once a while? ;) if boys wouldn't mind so much!

Some of you, including JDR, Kostas, Maylander, Wolfing, blatantninja, Relayer and many others, hope I will continue to see you around for a many more years.

Not enough games that people can find a consensus on, I think. Original Sin 2 might be such a game, but it has its separate forum. The gap between old-school or hardcore roleplayers and those enjoying mainstream games seems to become bigger. Of course there are a few who enjoy both (I'm not one of them).

But you have to sign in to thumbs up. Real lurkers don't sign in :)

There is one forum out there that's indestructible and probably will outlive us all.
No Mutants Allowed. :D

Back
Top Bottom