The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The loot boosts do not affect drop chances, but the level of the loot we get. This, theoretically, would allow for loot dropping of levels higher than the game's cap. I think +6 tomes and yellow dopants sit in that level range, something like level 36 or so.

I would also suggest reordering the small holds to place the guild vault across from the bank/ah/mail. Just because I'm pedantic and mean.

For various reasons, I took level 9 on RhoGu (the Friday alternate), which puts him ahead of the group. The implications of that sort of thing were spelled out very clearly when I set down "the rules" for that particular group. RhoGu will be on the sidelines until everyone else qualifies for lvl9. Pretty sure there are still 2 trap monkeys in that group even without RhoGu so the group should have no problems running without him until everyone catches up.

No worries.

Plan for next week depends on if our 2 new guildies choose to run with the howling pack.

Most of us are eligible for level 9, but I think there was some level 6 content we still wanted to run; some Sorrowdusk perhaps!!

I think I was just into 3rd rank when we finished up Friday. My game time is going to be limited however running into Christmas, as I've got to learn around a dozen songs for my church's Christmas event. So don't expect to see me in game outside of Friday.

I plan on being online Friday evening. I'm level 6 now and may be 7 by Friday depending on how the week goes.

The loot boosts do not affect drop chances, but the level of the loot we get. This, theoretically, would allow for loot dropping of levels higher than the game's cap. I think +6 tomes and yellow dopants sit in that level range, something like level 36 or so.

I would also suggest reordering the small holds to place the guild vault across from the bank/ah/mail. Just because I'm pedantic and mean.

Well, there is supposed to be a bug that if you get to the loot cap, a loot boost will actually decrease the level of the items, not increase it. I think I have seen this a few times, so doubt that's going to accomplish what you want.

As far as location, currently the tavern is directly across the bank on the same side, and I think that's the most convenient location for it, as it lets us sell & repair, then use bank if we want to. However, the Breakable Box (loot boost) is right across the reliquary from those two, so it's very close to both, and would probably be a good location for the guild vault.

Toff hopefully you have a headset and mic and can install Skype by then. Game chat seems to give a few of us the blues. Skype is not perfect but quality is much better. We could run those who are holding 9 with Rogue and others with Toff if he joins. Just an idea.

Well, there is supposed to be a bug that if you get to the loot cap, a loot boost will actually decrease the level of the items, not increase it. I think I have seen this a few times, so doubt that's going to accomplish what you want.

As far as location, currently the tavern is directly across the bank on the same side, and I think that's the most convenient location for it, as it lets us sell & repair, then use bank if we want to. However, the Breakable Box (loot boost) is right across the reliquary from those two, so it's very close to both, and would probably be a good location for the guild vault.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bug. I'm not sure what it is I want, since I only rarely bother with the loot gems that I get, or for that matter, never play close enough to the cap for them to matter (at least since the cap was raised to 28).

I never realized that was a tavern, actually.

Most of us are eligible for level 9, but I think there was some level 6 content we still wanted to run; some Sorrowdusk perhaps!!

I think I was just into 3rd rank when we finished up Friday. My game time is going to be limited however running into Christmas, as I've got to learn around a dozen songs for my church's Christmas event. So don't expect to see me in game outside of Friday.
Exactly. Az had a ways to go to qualify for lvl9, so we were holding until he had it. That was the plan and rules for this group--run whatever ya like whenever ya like but we take levels together. I would prefer that y'all not start Sorrowdusk since that might be in the plans for that group but ultimately that's up to y'all. There's 6-7 lvl6 house quests (from memory, Redwillow, Dead Girl, Mirra, Bounty Hunter, Caged Trolls, Purge the Heretics, and Dead Predators...I think that's right) that we didn't run, so that would be prime fodder for getting Az (and toff as well) on level with the rest of us.

Bot's too low at lvl4 to run and won't make lvl5 in time even if I cash in the 30kXP gem from that gold roll jackpot and Wouldii's already lvl9, too. So I'll probably sit this one out. No worries--I knew the implications of what I was doing. After all, I made the rule I broke.

I got Skype and my headset came in. No clue how good the mic is yet.

I picked up this one, it is quite good on the computer. For music I was surprised how much different they sounded from different sources. For instance, from my Nexus 3 they sounded a little meh but from the Nexus 5 they sounded pretty awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossf...F8&qid=1410962462&sr=8-1&keywords=v-moda+m-80

I play on a cellphone hotspot so we will see how well it handles the game and Skype at the same time. I do have a nice LTE signal at my house tho. Just an FYI, I do all my largish downloads at work to save from my cellphone allotment which is 5GB/month, thats more than plenty to play an online game which do not use much at all really.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bug. I'm not sure what it is I want, since I only rarely bother with the loot gems that I get, or for that matter, never play close enough to the cap for them to matter (at least since the cap was raised to 28).

I never realized that was a tavern, actually.

Well, apparently it is a long standing bug, and theoretically affects any chest when you use more than one loot boost (eg: ship guild boost + jewel or weekend loot boost), and a loot boost takes it above the max level for the chest. The boost(s) will then drop the chest to it's min level as far as loot-gen items are concerned (doesn't affect plat). So the likelihood of getting something like a +6 tome is probably nil.

Details are in this forum thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...m-for-chest?highlight=multiple+loot+boost+bug

It is a tavern, though it's bugged … can't change spells there, which is why we're keeping the legacy tavern in the cargo hold active. The new tavern also has all the hireling vendors.

I have a question.

I keep reading about being able to choose your feats. When I made my character I looked closely to see if I could assign initial stat points but didn't see anything. So far in leveling up I have not been given a choice to choose any feats. They were all auto assigned. Is this normal or am I missing something?

Edit: Well, frak me! Now I see the Customize button. I even looked for it when I stated and somehow missed it. The questions now is: should I continue my character or delete him now and restart. I feel like I wasted my time now.

Last edited:
I have a question.

I keep reading about being able to choose your feats. When I made my character I looked closely to see if I could assign initial stat points but didn't see anything. So far in leveling up I have not been given a choice to choose any feats. They were all auto assigned. Is this normal or am I missing something?

Edit: Well, frak me! Now I see the Customize button. I even looked for it when I stated and somehow missed it. The questions now is: should I continue my character or delete him now and restart. I feel like I wasted my time now.

Well, whether to restart or not is up to you … it depends on how happy you are with the defaults. I personally have customized nearly all my toons. If you've just started playing, you can rack up a fair no. of Turbine Points by re-rolling characters. By the time you have one you're really happy with, you'll have a whole bunch of TPs. ;) Besides, it's a lot less painful to blip a level 2 or 3 character you don't like, than one that you've spent the time to get to level 10 or 12 or 15.

As far as feats are concerned, some feats will be auto-granted, depending on the class you select (rogues & rangers get a bunch, some classes get very few auto-granted feats). You also get to select additional feats at certain levels (3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24, 26, 27, 28). Some classes, notably fighter, get to select feats at additional levels.

It may help you to try out the character planner to see how a build would go. You can save a build once you have something you like, and it's very helpful when leveling up to use the printed template as a guide, rather than trying to figure it out on the fly. The link is below. Be aware that they are still working on the new Bard Swashbuckler enhancement tree, and that the new (not yet released) harper & paladin enhancement trees are not included yet either.

http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/

You might want to consider doing a small LR rather than scrapping your current toon. I thought you were given the opportunity to opt out of pre=determined builds at each level-up; I know I did once.

Sound advice so far.

You were up to level 7 last night when I jumped on, so you're approaching that tipping point where you've got too much time invested in the toon the throw it away. That said, I would strongly recommend that you NOT continue down the road if you're unhappy with the toon. Trust me, you end up running a warforged barbarian with a hodge-podge build that isn't worth a crap and you just keep running and running, praying for the day you can finally get to level 20 and TR into something decent. Even for a first lifer toon, the game takes too much time to waste on a toon you don't like.

One thing you might consider is turning the garbage toon into a mule (basically a dummy toon used to hold extra inventory since toons are cheaper than bank space, particularly for VIPs that get a handful of toons free) and starting a new toon, rather than deleting your current one. I'm betting you've at least got your 4th inventory tab by now and that's worth 795TP if you buy it on a mule toon down the road.

Now that you've got some understanding of the game, what sort of toon do you want to try if you start from scratch? If the answer is that you'd build another fighter (even if it's a very different flavor of the fighter class) then Corwin's LR (lesser reincarnation) option makes a lot of sense. The LR heart costs a decent pile of turbine points, but then you don't throw away the progress that you've made. If you'd try a different class if you were starting over, I probably wouldn't go the LR path since you'd have to purchase a more expensive version of the LR heart and it wouldn't take you that terribly long to get back to level 7 anyway.

The good thing about the Fighter is that you get a bonus feat every even level, so even if you have some sub-optimal choices from the path, you can more easily recover from it. As a first life character, if you start running with us on Fridays, you'll advance fairly quickly, and eventually will have to wait on us to catch up to you to level.

Of course, an option is instead of LR, pick up the Veteran II (I don't know if you need I or not) build in the store (assuming you don't get it as ViP). Then you can rebuild a new character at level 7, bypassing the early grind at the expense of favor rewards. It's been ages since I picked those up, so I don't remember the costs.

I think, from memory, you have to already have one toon at level 7 before you can get a Vet 2 build!!

Thanks for the advice. Now that I've slept on it, I'm less annoyed.

I'm gonna keep playing this toon and if I feel the need to, I may get get the LR later. I like the simplicity of the fighter.

Since I made this guy before I was VIP, I may lock him in with your level 8 group then make another character (since I have more options now) and use the new one for my solo time.

What time do you all generally play your level 8's tonight? I ask because I'm gonna meet some friends at the local pub after work and don't want to miss tonights group adventure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom