PC Gamer - Guide For Games of 2015

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
PC Gamer has another interesting article this week with a guide to RPG games of 2015.

2014 was brilliant for RPG fans. We had Divinity: Original Sin, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Wasteland 2 to keep us going. 2015 is looking good, too. The Witcher 3 could be superb, Pillars of Eternity looks gorgeous and played well in alpha and we can look forward to Bioware's experimental multiplayer RPG, Shadow Realms.
More information.

The list has Darkest Dungeon in it, so it's legit :)

The list has Darkest Dungeon in it, so it's legit :)
Yes they do and I salute them as other sites wont even mention the game. If anyone is curious PC gamer talks about the following RPGs in the linked article.

1. The Witcher 3
2. Pillars of Eternity
3. Torment: Tides of Numenera
4. Cyberpunk 2077
5. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
6. Darkest Dungeon
7. Moon Hunters
8. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Blackguards 2
Citizens of Earth
Dragon Fin Soup
12. Frontiers
SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition
Heroes of Might and Magic III: HD Edition
15. else Heart.Break
16. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Shadow Realms
Serpent in the Staglands
Dragon: The Game
Dex

Every game on that list is one I have already backed or will pre-order.:)

Update:
They also have lists of other genres that is worth a look.

ACTION RPG
2. STRATEGY
3. ADVENTURE

Last edited:
Very nice list. Some future RPG's look promising.

Sceptical about few titles in terms of releasing it in 2015.
Not sure PoE will make it this year. Torment most likely will not be this year and Cyberpunk is for certain not a 2015 release.

Grim Dawn, hope it arrives this year and Kyn also.
Lost Ark looks interesting even if I hate MMO's, but would give it a try.
I know majority on this site dislike Lost Ark but I am a sucker for this kind of art style in graphics and action packed content. And of course english version of it is a must and playable servers for EU. Not sure it will happen this year either. Or ever.

I think Pillars of Eternity will launch this year as Obsidian cannot afford a delay for a year especially after the last delay. Also the game is falling way behind schedule already.

As for Torment based off the updates late 2015 is the release date. So we have a chance it might be released in 2015, but I agree that 2016 sounds better.

Now for Cyberpunk 2077 yeah we definitively wont see that game till 2017-18. One more game of interest is Witcher 3 as I hope it does not gets delayed to 2016.:disappointed:

Last edited:
I know that release delays are a pain in the rear. But I rather see and play a complete game with minor glitches here and there, (I understand that huge games are hard to make and monitor), than a half broken game. I think it is worth to wait to actually enjoy the game and not to course the whole family of the devs and publishers. **cough**Ubisoft**cough**
The delay of TW3 is a good thing from my POV.
Although don't think another delay is coming. But, who knows?
Another problem… I have to sell my cottage I live in to get a new rig to play TW3. LOL!
And yes. Torment is more likely to torment in 2016 me thinks as well. :)

PC gamer? PC?

And they said PC gaming is dead...

I'm looking at the Shooter list and two things came to my mind: first, Call of Duty survived for a 11th sequels and second, apparently World War 1 is not a popular setting for FSP anymore (I remember the days were people were complaining that "all" FPS were based on the 1st and/or 2nd Great Wars, lol).

Also, too many Assassin's Creed… and sequels/remake in general.

Hopefully this year:
- Star Citizen release a module outside of the Arena Commander (it's fun, but I need more than flying around/dodge-fighting).
- My kickstarters get released, especially the ones 1+ years late.

People have not been saying that for years now. PC games were "dying" before Steam came into power.

It actually gets written every year, multiple times a year. The latest entry from the Washington Post. The article isn't specifically about gaming, but it's the very latest the-sky-is-falling-and-PCs-are-all-dead kind of article.

Thanks for the list, Couch ! Always fun to see. :)

I remember there was a guy that did a similar list of games and mods every year, but his list had much more titles. Unfortunately, I forgot the guy's name and the address of his website.

Anybody remembers or knows who I am talking about ? If so, is he still doing it ?

No clue but pc gamer has been putting out a very similar list for at least 5 years. Always very complete though they miss a few titles as they did this time.

Thanks for the list, Couch ! Always fun to see. :)

I remember there was a guy that did a similar list of games and mods every year, but his list had much more titles. Unfortunately, I forgot the guy's name and the address of his website.

Anybody remembers or knows who I am talking about ? If so, is he still doing it ?

PC gamer? PC?

And they said PC gaming is dead…
Steam hit 8.5 million users logged in at the same time on Sunday (at about lunchtime in California).

Almost 70k were playing Skyrim. (And over 10 times that were playing Dota 2... but never mind about that.)

It's a good list, but I'm only actually expecting to play two games on it this year: PoE and TW3. Still, those two should be massive, so it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom