Arkane Studios - New FPS-RPG Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Well, well, well...this an unexpected one. Although we were disappointed when Arkane switched gears and undertook The Crossing instead of returning to the FP-RPG genre (like Arx Fatalis), Gamasutra has news of their return to an "immersive first-person RPG" from an Austin Game Developers Conference address. The added twist? It's being developed at their Austin studio by Harvey 'Witchboy' Smith of Ion Storm fame. Nothing is revealed of the game other than "Smith mentioned that he was particularly happy in getting back to the kinds of experiences that he helped to design with titles such as Deus Ex and Thief: Deadly Shadows".
More information.

Welcome news. It will be interesting to see if the game is based on the Source engine. I would like to return to the Source engine in a RPG environment ala Bloodlines (Compared to the RPG-light environment in Dark Messiah).

Arkane are working together with EA to create a new RPG and now this is announced. My guess is that it is a new System Shock or Ultima Underworld...

UE3 = Unreal Engine 3 ?

Well, there are some hints as to what it might be...

Though it isn't necessarily the obvious option as Origin had a number of similar IPs

I never played Unreal - well, I dabbled with the very first one a bit - so I'm not watching what goes on regarding Unreal.

Still have Unreal 2 unplayed here.

Back
Top Bottom