RPGWatch - Late To The Party Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
We had the chance to interview Arvind Raja of Pyrodactyl Games about his latest kickstarter game called Late To The Party. Here is a small sample of my interview.

Couchpotato: Before we start with the questions about Late To The Party, can you share a few details about yourself, and your studio Pyrodactyl Games?

Pyrodactyl: Pyrodactyl is an indie game studio that crafts offbeat role playing games. We are an international team with members from India, USA, Estonia, UK and Canada. We have been making games for more than 7 years now.

As for me, I started my career making Half Life 2 mods (Dystopia being the most famous one). I started making indie games in 2007, and since then I've released three of them!

Couchpotato: Can you share a few details about Late To The Party for new readers, and what makes the game stand out from other RPG games?

Pyrodactyl: Late to the Party is a cold war espionage RPG about a local who is drafted as a KGB agent during the imminent fall of the Soviet Union. The gameplay will start with you investigating strange cases and using your contacts, spy gadgets and wits to solve them. Your allegiance to your homeland and your superiors will create conflicting situations, and you'll be forced to keep your head down if you decide to help the revolution.
More information.

Cool cold war setting - thank you for the interview, Couch & Pyrodactyl Games!

I hate spies and large scale conflicts.. but I'm stalking them

Thanks HiddenX I'm glad someone enjoyed reading it, and commented.:party:
So as a reminder if anyone enjoyed playing Unrest this game should appeal to you.

Great interview Couch. I like how you do your research prior to the interview, and know what kind of questions to ask, and how to ask them. Always makes for a much better read then all the big sites standard boiler plate crap.

As for the game, sounds like my cup of tea. I'll have to check out Unrest too.

Thanks and cheers.

Hmm, I think there was a game called KGB a spy story or such, which was very interesting game... but it is sooo long ago I played, I wounder if this is anything like that.

Just a quick update the game failed to get funded. Here is the latest update from two weeks ago as I was gone for a month. They will try again later.
Hey backers,

This was quite the journey, wasn't it?

Baking cookies and making video games are similar: you find the right balance of ingredients, try to achieve good presentation without sacrificing substance, and you need to know where to deviate from the recipe to get just what you want. You also put things into the fire when you're done and agonizingly watch your meticulous work come to ruin or success in an environment far beyond your control.

Before this analogy, well… crumbles, what I'm getting at is that baking and making a video game are nothing at all alike. Your cookies may burn if you set the timer wrong, but the longer you're making a game, the better the result - the only obstacles are resources and time. Often that can mean pulling the game back out of the fire - taking stock, improving things or adding something new to see what turns out. And that's what we're going to do!

In the words of a man with a fantastic goatee: bide your time and hold out hope. We'll be back when the time is right. If you're interested in keeping up with what we're up to, or just want to send me horrible puns.

Back
Top Bottom