When Did Special Editions Stop Being Special? @ Destructoid

I often buy the Collector's Edition when it includes a soundtrack CD. That is often (but not always) the only way to get the soundtrack. And I actually do listen to game soundtracks along with my other music.

I often buy the Collector's Edition when it includes a soundtrack CD. That is often (but not always) the only way to get the soundtrack. And I actually do listen to game soundtracks along with my other music.

Annah's theme!!!!

Annah's theme!!!!

The PS:T soundtrack never reached Germany, as far as I know.

In fact, I have never ever seen it - even on ebay Germany.

The soundtrack of Icewind Dale wasn't available until a collection of the Icewind Dale saga appeared. According to an e-mail I once sent to Bioware back then, they didn't even ship/sell the soundtrack CD to Germany !

As a sidenote, the "Lawful Good" CEs of NWN2 sold out very, very quickly here in Germany, whereas I saw a "Chaotic Evil" CE even this week. It was lying like lead in the shelves, as we say here.

Apart from the German NWN2 CE being imho quite bad compared to the U.S. one ...

Ok, this is a bit off topic.

I bought the "Limited Edition" of Dream Theater's new album: "Black Clouds and Silver Linings" today. Here's what I got:

1. The collector's edition of the album, which in addition to the album itself contains 1 CD with 6 cover songs, and 1 CD with instrumental versions of all the songs.

2. A mouse pad.

3. An enlarged and enumerated print of the album cover. Nice.

4. The album on 2 allegedly high quality vinyl records. I'll probably give those to my brother-in-law, as he is an audiophile, and still has a very good vinyl player.

5. 2 DVDs with all the instrument tracks separated. Actually this is very interesting to me, since I try to learn the guitar stuff of DT.

But the best part (and this came as a suprise, as it was not listed among the contents on the front cover), a sheet of bubble-plastic. The bubbles are larger than usual, and disintegrate with a nice "bang" when I crush them. I'll try to keep myself from eliminating more than 1 bubble each they. But, and here's the REALLY nice thing: My wife absolutely loves bubble plastic. I've shown it to her, but I won't let her touch it. So now she's going to be envious for a couple of months! Yay!

All in all well worth the money.

How much did this cost ?

Back
Top Bottom