LucasArts - Monkey Island 2 Special Edition On the Way

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
The title says it all. I know this is not an RPG, but as this series is extremely popular with most of our readers I felt it worthy of sharing the news here. Should be available during the northern summer and you'll find all the details at the official site.
More information.

This old classic will be worth a replay.

Was there by chance a monkey island 1 remake?

Yeah, think it was released about half a year ago.

Yes, and the MI original remake was brilliant; all new art, voicing, etc, just like this one. Can't wait!!

This will be great!

If anyone likes remakes of old adventure games I can recommend AGD Interactive who have done remakes of Quest for Glory 2, Kings Quest 1 and KQ2. http://agdinteractive.com/games/games.html They have updated them to VGA graphics and point and click interface. And best of all: They are free to download.

Guybrush looks better in this game!

My primary concern with the Monkey Island 1 update was that all characters looked like crap, especially their face-shots.

Guybrush looks better in this game!

My primary concern with the Monkey Island 1 update was that all characters looked like crap, especially their face-shots.

Yeah they messed up the design a bit, though I liked the game still very much.

It was kind of mixed up feeling of nostalgia and excitement. :)

MI2:SE seems to be very closer to original than MI1:SE.

991336_20100310_790screen006.jpg

Monkey Island 2 - 1991

991336_20100310_790screen005.jpg

Monkey Island 2: Special Edition - 2010

Still, it's kind of sad thing that they are re-releasing old games since they haven't been able to bring out anything good in the last decade. :(

Still, it's kind of sad thing that they are re-releasing old games since they haven't been able to bring out anything good in the last decade. :(

Yes it's sad... Tales of monkey island is crap compared to the old games.
MI2 Special Edition? Count me in!

With exactly the same abonimale haircut ???

I liked the remake of Secret for sound and updated graphics, but hell, some characters looked really off. This mistake seems corrected this time. Also, this time there appears to be the option to play with old graphics and new sound that a lot of people were missing from the first remake.
I really hope they continue with the remakes. Curse does not need a remake as it plays really nice in SCUMMVM and if you use hq2x filter it also looks pretty nice. Escape however, like most early 3D looks like crap and controls like that walk a drunkard home game

Last edited:
Monkey Island 2 seems to be getting much better special edition treatment than the first one.
Updated graphics look much better, new Guybrush is very good and I really like the updated character design.
By far the best addition in the first SE were vocies, everything else was mediocre to bad, so it sucked one couldn´t play with them while leaving everything else in the original mode. Apparently you can do exactly that in this second installment, though, a bit ironically, in this case I doubt I´ll want to after seeing the new art.
The interface in the first SE was total crap so now I only hope they´ll come with something better this time, especially since the second game is much more inventory/puzzle heavy.

Anyway, really looking forward to this one!

Great news. My first thought after seeing the remake of Monkey 1 was: "I hope that they sell enough of this to continue with a remake of Monkey 2".

A must buy for me.

I liked the remake of Secret for sound and updated graphics, but hell, some characters looked really off. This mistake seems corrected this time. Also, this time there appears to be the option to play with old graphics and new sound that a lot of people were missing from the first remake.
I really hope they continue with the remakes. Curse does not need a remake as it plays really nice in SCUMMVM and if you use hq2x filter it also looks pretty nice. Escape however, like most early 3D looks like crap and controls like that walk a drunkard home game

I agree. MI3 doesn't need a remake, but MI4 could really use one. It's a fun game that really builds on many of the key characters, but many skipped it for the crap 3d.

Back
Top Bottom