A list of adventure games

The main shops of course only have megaseller, to exaggerate it a bit. EB-Games exists here under the name "Game-Stop", but hasn't much influence.

Electronic chain shops have quite a big variety, however, and even older games can still be bought here under budget labels like the "Green Pepper".
These electronic chain shops generate the most "low" of sold software.

However, warehouses also have games, not too mch, but they are still there.

What really goes down are second hand software (mostly gaming) shops. A really big one has closed here in Cologne not long ago. :(

On the other hand, there are always second-hand shops poppin out of nowhere here, but they usually concentrate on consolegames, and therefore 3 out of 5 of these as I call them "general electronic second hand shops" have no or very few PC games.

So, flea markets are the only reliable source for older games.

If I re-think of it, I think I must be quite glad that the electronic chains shops have such a good variety of even lesser-known games.

Console games consume - by the way - about the same space as PC games, even a bit less. PC games are still rather dominating here (I'd say about 60-70 % ).

I think that makes up a bit different market than for example the U.S. .

That goes for most places. Australia is the same as USA in that respect.
Indeed - I have 4 EBGames / GameStops within 5 miles of me and one by one they have dropped actively stocking PC games. Now it is pre-order or SOL. Fortunately I also have a Best Buy, Circuit City, Target and Walmart within that same radius ...
Same goes for music: You can't get decent music in any music shop anymore (like Yes, ELP and many many more).
'decent' isn't the key word in describing them ... that would be "oldies" ... ;) Heck, that would be like me complaining when I was a kid that I couldn't find a Bobby Darren record in with all of the Zepplin, Yes, Partridge Family, Ted Nugent, Zappa and so on ... :D

I'd say it like this : Progressive Rock doesn't sell. ;)

That's the same as what I mean with "second hand shops".

I'd say it like this : Progressive Rock doesn't sell. ;)

Does anyone else see the irony in using the term progressive to describe something older than the average age of people on this forum, which is about the oldest gaming forum I've ever seen?

I didn't notice (I generally have slight problems detecting Irony and Sarcasm), but for the remark anyway. ;)

And yes - this WAS once "progressive music" ... - But what would people call "progressive music" NOW ? :confused:

And yes - this WAS once "progressive music" ... - But what would people call "progressive music" NOW ? :confused:
Pretentious Dino-rock? Just guessing :D (and yes, I own stuff by these guys ... on vinyl as well as digital)

I think this would be enough for a new thread. ;)

(Edit : And no, I actually meant what kind of current music people might call literally as "progressive" - I don't know whether I made this clear enough.)

What is Pommieland ? I only know Pommes de Terre = potatos (shortened as "Pommes" in German language) . ;)

oh, you mean Limeys. ;) At least they stopped getting scurvy.

Pomme is French for Apple so Pomme de Terre is transliterated Apple of Earth. I think they are known as Pappas in Spanish - that makes no sense to me.

Is Crystal Key any good? That goes for $10 as a jewel case (heh, Crystal Key in a Jewel Case - I can so see those as objects in an Adventure game).

I'm really interested in that new one by Benoit Sokal but I haven't heard good things about it.

This Crystal Key? Better ask our house tiger where he bought Ankh, buy it two times and give one away.

POMs, or Pommies, has many possible origins. One I like, is Prisoner Of her/his Majesty!! I'll leave others to offer alternatives, but it's what we've 'affectionately' called the Brits for years!! :)

Oh thanks, didn't know that ! :)

French fried potatos - which we simply call "Pommes" in Germany - are hugely popular here ! :) ;)

Pomme is French for Apple so Pomme de Terre is transliterated Apple of Earth. I think they are known as Pappas in Spanish - that makes no sense to me.

My Spanish is a little rusty but I think that potato = patata, not pappa :) .

Back
Top Bottom