Might & Magic Heroes VII - New Website Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The latest post on the website for Might & Magic Heroes VII compares what features have changed from the third game all the way up to the seventh game.

As any good heir to a long dynasty, Heroes VII feeds upon a long history of predecessors, including the beloved third installment, known to be most appreciated amongst all. This article shows how the design of Heroes VII reflects some aspects of its illustrious ancestor.
As a bonus here is a new town screenshot they posted this month also.

Academy_Townscreen_Details_Full.jpg

Before I forget they also gave every site member a free end of the year gift.

End of the year celebrations are coming close and after this intense period the website team will take some holidays to restore their batteries and come back on January even stronger than ever! Thus, activity will be reduced for the next two weeks but we will continue to monitor your comments as always.

Nevertheless, we know that we can’t “disappear” without offering you one last gift for this great year of 2014. We heard your trustful passion and since our objective is to provide “The best of Heroes”, we decided to implement something that has been highly requested recently
More information.

Any of these new HoMM 3D games are ugly, simply cannot compete with Kings Bounty's beauty. This new town screenshot is a poorly executed, haphazard photoshop art.

Any of these new HoMM 3D games are ugly, simply cannot compete with Kings Bounty's beauty. This new town screenshot is a poorly executed, haphazard photoshop art.

The text looks like it was slapped on with one of those embossed label makers

DYOXELM.jpg

Well it does say work in progress so I think you guys are being a little harsh. King's Bounty is known for the gameplay and not so much the graphics.

It's not about graphics, but art direction. I was never a fan of the HoMM art direction. Some games in the series look less grueling, some more. That specific "town screenshot" in the OP looks like it is made out of those paper cutouts from my childhood, and not one of the better ones. Bah.

Well I liked HoMM6 and will definetly buy 7.

That does not look good. Hopefully it'll be better by the time it's done. As long as the gameplay holds up, I'll buy it either way.

As long as they don't copy anything from H4 I'm ok, it's by far the worst in the series.

Was there any real reason to play any of these after 3? I purchased 5 when it came out and didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the previous games. Do they actually add/improve on the basic formula?

Was there any real reason to play any of these after 3? I purchased 5 when it came out and didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the previous games. Do they actually add/improve on the basic formula?

They're more story based. I liked 5 and loved 6, but yeah, if you only play HoMM for single map scenarios or random maps, guess it's not as strong.

Some of you guys are ridiculous. The screenshot looks great to me.

I agree Fluent, 2 of my favorite games are Knights of the Chalice and Eardor Genesis so what the hell do I know. I must not have an eye for art or graphics.

I agree Fluent, 2 of my favorite games are Knights of the Chalice and Eardor Genesis so what the hell do I know. I must not have an eye for art or graphics.

No, you're just able to appreciate different art styles. :) I'm very much the same way.

Back
Top Bottom