What games are you playing now?

Playing EVE Online, I find it to be a MMORPG with some very unique qualities, like meaningful PvP with consequences, but it still feels unpolished even though it's been out for 5 years now.

Finished up a marathon playing of Baldur's Gate... and the Might & Magic bug still has me in its grips. It's funny, because on my first play through of every M&M game I have finished with the feeling that it was a game that I enjoyed, but didn't LOVE. On my second (or more) play through of the M&M games I'm really enjoying them quite a bit more.

So, after finishing M&M7 a few weeks back, I am now playing M&M8. I know that it isn't a favorite of many people... but it is fairly polished, and the setting is rather unique. I'm really enjoying it, and since it's not as big as 6 or 7 I don't think I'll get bored before I finish.

Then... believe it or not I think I'm going to go back and play M&M4 and M&M5 combined as World of Xeen. When I played them originally, I played them separately... so I've got the itch to play them as World of Xeen.

I've never been a big M&M nut... but maybe age has something to do with it. I played most of them (when they were originally released) when I was in my 20's and early 30's. Now that I'm in my 40's I seem to enjoy good CRPGs more than I did when I was younger.

And I still have the following games waiting their turn for my attention (in no particular order):

Geneforge2, Genefore 3, Geneforge 4
Avernum 5
NWN2:MOTB
replay of Baldur's Gate 2
Nethergate: Resurrection
replay of Ultima 7
replay of Dragon Wars
others I can't think of right now

For me... it's a good time to be a PC RPG player :)

Narpet, my guess is that you're young enough to not have a full-time job yet right?

I envy anyone who has that much free time. ;)

Just started replaying BG again for the first time (after some technical difficulties eating up a good deal of time), this time I'm actually going to finish it!

Even tho I just stepped foot in Friendly Arm, I think I'm going to go back and restart and do something different this time.

Narpet, my guess is that you're young enough to not have a full-time job yet right?

I envy anyone who has that much free time. ;)

Uhhhh...nope.... 41 years old... married... two active sons... been a programmer for over 15 years working 50+ hours a week.

It's called sleep deprivation, and I've been doing it since I was around 18... and no, I don't drink any caffeine... ever.

Every night after I put the kids and the wife to bed... narpet time begins. I play as long as I can, and then try to get at least 5 hours of sleep. So it's not that I have any real free time... I just make it for myself. All of my 7am - 11pm time is spent working or with family... but I refuse to give up my favorite hobby of almost 30 years... so I choose to lose lots of sleep ;)

Weekends are the same... spend all day with my family (or work, unfortunately) and then play into the wee hours of the night.

I do take some time off once in a while to keep myself somewhat rested. I will occasionally take about 5 days off from gaming and go to bed at a decent hour. That helps me to keep from burning out.

narpet you are a true warrior, and I really mean that. If I try to go with only 5 hours of sleep for more than a couple nights in a row.... I become completely unbearable. :mad:

I also have a replay of BG 2 lined up....probably be a while before I get to it though.

I'm playing Dark waters 1 (NWN2 mod) by Adam Miller. The story is impressive but there's too much puzzles (I'm not too fond of puzzles).

Also replaying BG1 with Tutu, UB, Gavin, Xan friendship, NPC project mods.

What else am I playing? BG2. I always play BG2... ;)

narpet you are a true warrior, and I really mean that. If I try to go with only 5 hours of sleep for more than a couple nights in a row.... I become completely unbearable. :mad:

I also have a replay of BG 2 lined up....probably be a while before I get to it though.

I'm not so sure that I'm a true warrior... or just slightly insane ;)

And even though I have that big list of games waiting for me to play them... keep in mind that it may take me a year or more to actually finish them all... it just depends on how much "free" time I make for myself late at night, and how much I can handle... for instance, I was up late last night, and up early this morning... and I am feeling like a zombie... so it's probably time for a little break so I can reset my mind :S

Every night after I put the kids and the wife to bed... narpet time begins. I play as long as I can, and then try to get at least 5 hours of sleep. So it's not that I have any real free time... I just make it for myself.

I usually squeeze an hour or so a night after finishing up dinner and a little quality time with the missus. I WISH I could live on 5 hours sleep. I've tried just about everything and never been able to really adapt. I got diagnosed with Sleep Apnea a few years ago, and though I DO feel much more rested after a night's sleep, my dreams of being able to cut back to 5 hours never happened.

I only found one thing that ever made me able to handle 5 hours of sleep. Drinking. Seriously. If I had two drinks or so in the evening, just enough to get a slight buzz but not drunk, I will sleep roughly five hours, wake up and feel fully rested. I seriously thought about making it a routine, but I figure I enjoy having a liver.

I have six games planned for this summer; Arcanum, Mass Effect, Witcher, Mask of the Betrayer, Crysis and Penumbra: Black Plague. I have about 1-2 days left on Arcanum.

If I try to go with only 5 hours of sleep for more than a couple nights in a row.... I become completely unbearable. :mad:
Is that when you come and post here at the Watch? :p Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

I only found one thing that ever made me able to handle 5 hours of sleep. Drinking. Seriously. If I had two drinks or so in the evening, just enough to get a slight buzz but not drunk, I will sleep roughly five hours, wake up and feel fully rested. I seriously thought about making it a routine, but I figure I enjoy having a liver.
Your liver can easily handle two drinks a night. Trust me. ;) And all the studies, of course, that say it may even be beneficial.

@narpet: you sound a LOT like me, except for the "no caffine" part. That simply boggles the mind! :)

Oh... and to keep on topic, I am still firmly in the clutches of Mark of Chaos, especially now that I've imported the new expansion, Battle March. We start the next iteration of our on-line campaign in a few weeks. As an admin, there's still much to decide and prepare...

I did finally manage to sneak a bit of time in with the Witcher demo. Not that there was any doubt to begin with, but it made me all the more excited for the eventual arrival of the Enhanced Edition at my doorstep. :biggrin:

Last edited:
ive recently quit caffiene myself, and i can say... it's strangely liberating. I feel great, ive been hooked on the stuff as long as I have had the choice. It was awful at first, i felt like a junkie quitting cold turkey or something w/ headaches etx. Now I'm thru it and I aint lookin back!

Still playing Baldur's Gate, broke out the pad and started a new journal of notes. Wonderful experience, liking playing the old game quite a bit! Imoen and crew all feel like old friends, I'm glad to have them around again.

Most of my spare time has been taken up playtesting and bug spotting milestone 5 of the U6 Project. They REALLY could use another 3D modeler!! :)

OK, I got LEGO Indiana Jones and Hot Shots Golf 2 for the PSP today ...

Done the first part of Mass Effect. I'm considering to stall The Witcher until the SE is released.

Finally started NWN2.

Finally getting into my first ever Planescape:Torment replay--after restarting a few times per usual--I was going to try to play TNO as a fighter this time--then realized that of all games, this is the least combat-oriented an rpg can be, so even though I played as mage last time, still think its the best way--seems in any replay I always end up playing the same character/alignment anyway, despite my resolutions to go to the dark side or steroid it up. ;)

Call of Duty 4 - while I'm waiting for Bioware to release the extra content download for Mass Effect.

Very fun game so far with my only complaint being the save system... or lack thereof. I can't believe there is only an auto-save in this game, and no choice of where to reload.

Last edited:
Isn't today when that extensive new Witcher mod is released from Red Flame? I guess I'll be playing that as soon as I can download it... - Which who knows? Maybe they delayed it.

Back
Top Bottom