SW:TOR - No Homosexuality

I won't get into the subject on obesity in this thread as it would derail it more than it have already, but there's really two ways to face a problem after you discovered that people due to their nature have difficulties getting the best our of their lives in the current system. You can either blame the system, or you can blame the individual. In the case of obesity it would be possible by the system do far more when it comes to stopping people before they go far. We can introduce fitness into our culture, like Asian countries. We could introduce "the McDonalds of healthy foods". Greater options for people who live fast and busy lives but who would still like to eat healthy stuff that doesn't taste paper. We could put taxes on exploiting "tastiness" as a way to sell unhealthy food, put greater pressure on companies that made a business about making people addicted etc. But you can also put demand on the person itself to go the extra bit and actually try to get better.

This isn't really the case with homosexuals, who really cannot change. Asking a homosexual to "adapt" is as useless as asking female women to never get pregnant, or ask lefthanded to get used to writing with the right hand. In that case, it's society that needs to accept nature, rather than advocating it as a problem. The sooner the problem is accepted as it is, and worked around, it's no longer a problem. There's really no reason why homosexuals wouldn't be able to contribute just as much as a heterosexual to society, including raising adopted children for example.

If homosexuals could change, then what?

Not that I was ever in doubt, but your case is on shaky ground my friend.

I though Jah Jah, sorry, Jar Jar was supposed to be offensive to Jamaicans.

I though Jah Jah, sorry, Jar Jar was supposed to be offensive to Jamaicans.
It is, but it's the first thing that came to my mind when I thought "stupid/slow star wars alien."

If homosexuals could change, then what?
Not that I was ever in doubt, but your case is on shaky ground my friend.

As I mentioned previously, DSM IV now discourage trying to "change" homosexuals, and I wouldn't consider DSM IV to be "shaky ground", considering it's pretty much the foundation of western psychiatry.

As I mentioned previously, DSM IV now discourage trying to "change" homosexuals, and I wouldn't consider DSM IV to be "shaky ground", considering it's pretty much the foundation of western psychiatry.

I didn't exactly expect you to understand just how weak your argument was :)

If I am not mistaken, some American conservatives considered Episode III to be an attack on the Bush administration or something like that.

Americans are obsessed with what's offensive.

That makes me a bigot, right?

Lots of great bigotry tests around.

I didn't exactly expect you to understand just how weak your argument was :)

You openly confess you find the pillars of western scientific research isn't good enough for you? I haven't yet used the word in this thread, but I think that actually qualifies for the literal meaning of "bigoted".

Fun anecdote; German pagans coined the term bigot, from bei Gott, an expression constantly used by the monks.

You openly confess you find the pillars of western scientific research isn't good enough for you? I haven't yet used the word in this thread, but I think that actually qualifies for the literal meaning of "bigoted".

I think I confess whatever you want me to confess.

So, if that's your desire - then by all means consider me a bigot.

Fun anecdote; German pagans coined the term bigot, from bei Gott, an expression constantly used by the monks.

I take it you just looked this up so you could safely apply the term?

Score one point for Jemy ;)

Ha! Actually, this one will turn right around and bite JemyM in the ass: according to Etymology Online, the (not universally accepted) origin of "bigot" is from Old Scandinavian via Old English -- the Normans liked to yell "bi God!" at the French, who thereby applied the term to them -- "les bigod". Take that you dolichocephalic you!

The dictionary also makes a parallel with the French term for American WWI doughboys ("les sommobiches") and the French term for the English during Joan of Arc ("les goddamn").

I'm not making this shit up, I swear.

Bah, way to drag out the fun on that one.

The obesity part didn't upset me personally (I'm not fat), it was the lame attempt at tossing more insults towards Americans that JemyM seems so fond of doing.
I was annoyed the first couple of times I read those posts of his, but then JemyM revealed all those details about his life, and it became clear that he's just trying to feel better about himself. Now whenever he makes those posts I shrug it off. "There he goes, masturbating on the Internet again." Hey, whatever gets you through the day, you know?

I decided to delete this post since it was a response to a response (and JemyM deleted his after seeing mine).

So never mind. ;)

Last edited:
For instance, I didn't suddenly jump from the homosexuality topic to talk about how 60% of children are born out of wedlock in Sweden.

*gasp* NO!

As an idea why this might be a problem, I've read that children with married parents tends to grow up to be happier (or something like that) than other children.

Americans are obsessed with what's offensive.

That makes me a bigot, right?

At least you're aware of it. ;)

As for your question on if homosexuals could change, that was more of a "what happens in the imaginary case that homosexuality is changable", right?

Übereil

As an idea why this might be a problem, I've read that children with married parents tends to grow up to be happier (or something like that) than other children.

An American study, studying American children.

Back
Top Bottom