Audio in cutscenes not playing!

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher
Whenever I start the game after rebooting Windows, all intro cutscenes have sound, but the game loads rather slow. When I restart it later after hibernate, it loads much faster, but no sound can be heard for the Deep Shadows logo, the intro movie and the two intro engine cutscenes. Other cutscenes visited via saved games work fine. Any ideas?

Hmm... Aren't some of those cutscenes modified by your translation patches?

Hmm… Aren't some of those cutscenes modified by your translation patches?

No, this happens with the original files and also the English files from the GamersGate version. I played around with it and hibernate is not necessary for them to become silent. After reboot the first run will work fine, the second one not. Also this already happens to the Deep Shadows logo, so the actual game hasn't even started yet...

I don't have this problem anymore so can't test it, but is Xenus.exe still running when you re-start the second time? Maybe having 2 instances going is causing issues.

If the program is still running it can cause this issue which I have had with other games in the past. Other then that the game could be having problems accessing the files and if you are on Windows 7 or Vista you could try taking ownership of the files in the White Gold folder. Follow the instructions in this http://www.blogsdna.com/2159/how-to...sions-to-access-files-folder-in-windows-7.htm on your "White Gold" folder.

Its possible that the exe is still running it always does that for me whenever I quit the game and I have to end it in the taskmanager.
Only game that it happens with for me.

Its possible that the exe is still running it always does that for me whenever I quit the game and I have to end it in the taskmanager.

I've tested this but it is not the reason for my problem. The sound is missing even if I exited the game by killing the process. The strange thing is the first sound and the in-game sounds are playing fine and all of them after any Windows reboot. Also I use the K-Lite Codec pack...

Tried uninstalling the K-Lite codec pack to see if that makes a difference?

Back
Top Bottom